Juicy J Signs To Columbia Records & Dr. Luke's Kemosabe Records

Luke bout to have Juicy on that Electro Trap shit and they gonna make hits

Bands a Make Her Dance

It's called a joint venture. Happens way more often than you think.

this is all new to me sir

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Luke bout to have Juicy on that Electro Trap shit and they gonna make hits

Bands a Make Her Dance

kinda like LOUDPVCK huh?

LOUDPVCK - NoDJ

they also went to the same college as you If I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
this is all new to me sir

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

kinda like LOUDPVCK huh?

LOUDPVCK - NoDJ

they also went to the same college as you If I'm not mistaken

yea Kenny and Ryan are my homies, me and Kenny did the ScHoolboy Q record together. I saw them start LOUDPVCK live from their couch. Well kenny's couch cause Ryan was already out in LA

Is it a good thing for the artist to be signed to that many labels at once? Does it really mean more checks or just more stress?

If it turns out anything like "Out of My Mind"(unbeknownst to me produced by Dr. Luke & Billboard) by BOB, this should be a nice progression for Juicy.

So has Jay Z, Busta, Kanye, Lil Wayne, etc. All still relevant.

yeh you got a point........he's only a year older than 2 chainz and look at how popular he is at his age

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Is it a good thing for the artist to be signed to that many labels at once? Does it really mean more checks or just more stress?

I would like to know this also

drew, troup, legal dollaz can you provide any insight?

The biggest land owner in the world is not the Catholic Church............but McDonalds Canada.

So their major is selling burgers, one of their labels buys land/buildings. Another label manages agriculture "conglomerates" (basically aggregators of food (beef/potatoes/milk/wheat/orange jews/salads), like iTunes is for digital music).

You are producing "eco-friendly" beef and that gets you signed to the food label. You need buildings/land for that biz to expand, so the other label which specializes in it helps you with that. Since it all ends up running under the universal (no pun intended) major label, you are signed to that (indirectly) and if your biz turns out to be running good, your beef may end up being sold nationwide in their burgers.

Got the analogy? It's the benefit of combining forces (aggregation) and if done correctly, gives you a bigger market to sell your product to. Sure, the intermediary "labels" get their share, but you pay for a service and for people who specialize in the specific disciplines. So your specific product ("eco-friendly" beef) may have a local market of let's say 2 million a year and you end up with 300k in your pocket, but if all the labels play together (and your product is that good), you may end up with a 5 million in a 50 million dollar market.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's an exec at Taylor Gang
and Three-6 has always been signed to Sony since the merger with Relativity
so its not really a new signing, looks like just basically contracted Dr. Luke
to serve the A&R function that Sony's not gonna be doing
I'm kinda interested to hear the blend

Last edited:
Back