Jay Z "Allure"

G

gummy banks

Pharrell made the beat but what is the epic background sound that sounds like chords? Anybody know what instrument was used or if it was a sample? Im pretty sure it wasnt a sample tho.

No offense to the Nepz, they've made some great beats, better stuff than I'll ever make and done more than I could've ever dreamed of doing...but that is an example of that "generic keyboardy" sound I speak on. That song would've never made that album if Pharrell didn't have a trackrecord and him and Jay weren't friends. The only fans of that song are other producers who make generic keyboardy music like it.

This isn't an attack on the minimalist approach in music, Grindin went hard, and it was nothing but a few drum sounds next to each other in a triton percussion kit. Even "Change Clothes" off the same album offered more and gained a decent enough fanbase.

Now I've said too much.

Last edited:
Ive seen that video he says its major 7 chords but isnt that a guitar, its obvious its on a keyboard tho, and im not talking the piano part, i know what a piano is man.haha Im talkin the noise behind the piano, its strings or i guess a Major 7.

Back