Is using Flash hard?

yeah its damn good in the tutorial department, code? i am pretty much sure that some is in 4 & 5, anyway its the same for either one, i am pretty sure on that, actually its cross compatible i am certain on it.

whats in New Masters of flash? umm fancy fx + sound as quick summary

HEY! great resource. Veery goood thankyou EZ J!
i like it. it's weird how some things just go yeah! to one's own psyche when trying to learn.
The site's source has nice javascrpting too.
I'm not sure, but i thingk that through javascript one can simulate the idea of frames leaving the nav part alone and just dynamically changing the content in response to button choice...amiright? if so, that is cool

on (load){
ramdomRange = random(100) + 20;
}

on (enterframe){
this._x = this._x + random(randomRange);
}

;)

With Javascript

With javascript you can dynamically change all content on the page without effecting the frames. Use "mousedown" to trigger these actions. Make sure you use "mouseout" and "mouseover" for rollovers, or they sometimes will stay on even after you move your cursor out of the area. Never use Dreamweaver or Frontpage. Both programs really **** up html and javascript code. Try doing all of this in HomeSite4.5. Really cool utility!

yeah I got into Amigas at age 16 and immiediately got into writing mouse x and y co-ordinate related mouse music program but for some reason left it all and played guitar and surfed for a long time.
But NOW i am back big time, started doing a diploma in Business Programming and that sucked so it got kicked. But i did a Cert 3 in MultiMedia web design and that showed me the nuts and bolts of Photoshop, and the meat and potatoes of Flash4. Not much else. A couple of handy tips. They taught me a lot of dreamweaver. oh yeah and a whole lotta scribbles about Gant charts and running your own business.
But it spun me out by how we didn't really get taught the cool(?) code that Dreamweaver was writing, and it all seemed to be a bit sort of hit and miss, and DWeaver would write extra, unnecessary STUFF! And they hardly made it clear that DWeaver was also writing javascript. Maan. But the course was a help in that it got me over the hump of starting. But it turned me off DWeaver and thus html. I didn't feel confident to do sites in HTML because i couldn't be sure of how they would look in different browsers. So i use Flash to make pretty much 100% Flash pagem sites (not mega fast weird stuff, just clear layout with nice jpeg and png arrangements). But now i am realising that html is good, javascript is good.
What a journey.

Back