Is this wrong to make somebody else's beat longer?

DSmolken

I recorded a rapper who's putting together his first mixtape. For one track he recorded a long verse that takes up 3/4 of the length of the beat, plus he's got a girl singing a short hook, and also an a capella of a verse that another guy did. The beat ain't long enough for all that.

How wrong would it be if we just copied and pasted some part of the beat to make it long enough to fit everything in? Would that be disrespecting the vision of the dude who made the original beat? Or is it acceptable as long as it doesn't get too long and boring?

Either way editing that longass verse down to just the best parts is probably the best answer...

Yea tha would be the easist thing to do... but then thats taken the vision from the artist....
I would say if the beatmaker didnt work directly with the artist...
Lets say he bought it from him for a set price online.... N the artist is recordin over it ... then yea do what u need to do to make it longer..
But if they were workin together then...?? I guess the artist should have known b4 he spit his verse

doesnt really seem too unethical... why dont you run it by whoever made the beat? if it was me, i wouldnt really care if someone just made my beat longer in order to fit a verse in, thats what im makin beats for in the first place right?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking - tell him to ask the dude who made the beat just to be on the safe side. Most producers probably won't care, but...

Back