Is this mix okay?

tommytime555

I know this is probably asking a lot, but would it be possible to get a few critiques on my final mix?

Long story short:

1. (final_1.mp3) -- This is my own mix, did this pretty quickly...

2. (final_2.mp3) -- I hired a pretty well-established engineer to do a mix, and this was his first version....

I went back to him with some notes -- primarily, I thought he removed too much of the "low-end" and the whole thing sounded kinda thin. He also had the backup vocals up way too high in the mix.

3. (final_3.mp3) -- So this is the version I got back yesterday.... I think it sounds pretty good but my ears are totally burned-out at this point...

Any advice / feedback / opinions greatly appreciated!

T

Attachments

• final_1.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • final_2.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • final_3.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
I'm not a mix engineer, I'm a music producer who happens to do a bit of mixing, so really I'm listening as only a little more than a regular listener.

The first mix actually sounds pretty good for a start and then I like that the intro piano is louder in the second mix and I think that the low end in the second mix is actually ok too maybe a little quiet but not too bad and the breakdown around 1:30 sounds better than the first in this for some reason, I think it just has a fuller sound. Then the third mix sounds more professional can't seem to find anything wrong really.

Just a little note, I really struggle with mixes I spent 10 hours producing my most recent track and 20 hours on the mix, then I went back to one of the first mixes and it seemed better, I think us producers are just too hard on our own work, all of your mixes would sound good to a regular listener who isn't really listening to the mix. But definitely the third is very nice. :)

Back