Is there a way to combine 3 DAWS in to one?

N

newbieproduce

As of right now I have FL, reason, and ableton. I love all of these daws but is there a way i can use all 3 to create one sound. I love the time warping manipulation in ableton, the drum sequencer, and everything else pretty much in Reason, but it doesn't have 3rd party plugins.. so i use ableton for that. so how can i do this?I was thinking of tracking out everything and using reaper or something and conduct it into 1 whole sound , and different elements of DAWs into a sound so how do i do it?

User Re-Wire. I don't know if you can Re-Wire FL and Reason into Live simultaneously, but yeah Re-Wire is what you want to do, look it up.

I use these:

TunaFish
Tu2 (Tuareg II)
FL Studio
Energy XT
MultitrackStudio Pro Plus
and Music Creator 4 (which I don't use but it's a backup)

I use all of them from time to time because each one is better at some stuff than the others.

Most of the time I choose a BPM to work with early on, and then render the audio from each DAW and export into the other DAW's and overdub and mix and edit in the other DAW's. For example, I'll use the step sequencer in FL Studio and render the multitrack stems and import them into MultitrackStudio Pro Plus where I'll overdub some more stuff and also arrange and edit and do nice automation and mixing. I also use Energy XT because it handles some of my VST instruments a bit better and some of the early simple mixing is easier.

I also have Reaper now. The only feature it has that I need is the pitch envelope. But I'll probably use that and export the stems into Energy XT or MultitrackStudio.

It's also nice to change programs from time to time to break up the monotony and I get different ideas from different programs. I'll typically start in one program and work up some ideas. And then as soon as I hit a major roadblock, I render the stems and import into another program to jump the roadblock and add more ideas.

See what I'm saying?

Anyways, I hope this helps. And I don't even touch ReWire.

Use FL as a vst, then rewire the other two. Hope you have good pc hardware. Often something doesn't work right weather its the tempo, the loop markers or transport buttons not syncing. Also sometimes the audio buffer skips the first beat of the measure. FL as a vst is more stable than rewire though.

I'm pretty sure you can rewire reason and FL into LIVE at the same time.

Just use LIVE as the host (meaning open it first), then Reason, then FL... and use the EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT in LIVE to work with them

Yeah. I used to have Reason, (Plogue) Bidule & Live all ReWired together back when Live couldn't yet host VST instruments. It's not especially tricky to work with, but a bit of a hassle remembering to save all three project files, especially if working with multiple versions of one song. Never had much issues with rendering, but occasionally Reason's transport would hiccup at loop points, which made the whole thing just enough unstable not to bother with it for very long. But then Live 4 came along and the hassle ended :)

Back