is shure an upgrade from M-audio headphones?

KonKossKang

Ozagas
q40's were ran over by a hyperactive dog long story still works but the handles are seperated, have to listen to music dj style unfortunately for now.

So now im lookin for different headphones that have as good and/or better sound quality.Bass strength is not an issue for me anymore so i chose the 440.
was that a mistake or a good decision?

sr440 was 90 bucks.
q40 was 150 bucks.

sr440 arrives ina week.
q40 already here.

I own a pair of the 440's and I probably wouldn't use any other headphones because I think these produce a clean crisp sound that allows you to mix with ease. I usually switch between the 440 headphones and my studio monitors, and it translates real well. As for the bass depth of the headphones, I as well don't rely on headphones for bass, so I'm imagining you don't either (anymore?).
Break in those 440's get used to them and you'll learn to love them

Since i have klispch computer speakers my use for the q40's built in bass has kinda dwindled.the xb500 as well.

Just curious as to whether flat response will affect how I add my basslines and kicks because I don't want to over mix the lows.

i tried those before they sound like the q40's but the mids are slightly less there while the treble on the m50s was slightly more prominent than on the q40's.
both of them blow the xb500 out the water though.

however i have my eyes set on the shures, never ever tried them out before :/

I use the 440's and when I'm travelling I use them for mixing and they always give me crap mixes when I listen on speakers. I always have to make a few tweaks on the speakers. But one of my friends told me it's because I don't listen to music on headphones I always use speakers.

The difference is not too bad though but I want to trade them for better ones. That's just me anyway :)

Back