Is it possible to use MPC to trigger notes in software (Ableton Live)?

EYK

I've searched a bit and I found a few threads that talked about playing notes and then sampling them into the MPC, but that isn't really what I'm looking for.

What really want to know is if it is possible to have the MPC trigger notes on the VSTs in Ableton live. I read the MPC manual and there was a part that mentioned something about each pad having a note on it, like a piano. But I think I might be misunderstanding something..

So... is it possible to use the MPC kind of like a keyboard? Not that it would be very useful or anything, but just thought it would be interesting if it actually worked.

yes....hook up your computer to the midi out of the mpc and send midi out of the mpc....your manual will give you more detail

yes....hook up your computer to the midi out of the mpc and send midi out of the mpc....your manual will give you more detail

Hey, thanks for the help. I'd have to disagree with your advice to look in the manual for more detail though, as the info is not there- not in detail at least. Prior to reading your reply though, I got the e-book "beatmaking for the mpc 1000" and it explained in detail how it would all work out..

I'd highly recommend the e-book to anyone just starting out w/ the mpc as it is a TRUE manual for the MPC 1000. Starts from the ground up and doesn't just graze over topics assuming the user already has knowledge like the Akai manual does. The Akai manual is just.... garbage.

Back