HIP-HOP=Culture
Rap=Music

get it right sir

you may not like it but fact is fact
re-read and burn it in your memory

the mixing up of a culture with it's music element
is signs of why rap music is in the state it is now
ppl that are part of creating it

don't even know the different between the culture and the elements of that culture

not trying to clown you
trying to inform you
as I did in my first post

-Coach Antonio

The first thing everyone needs to come to terms with is that due to a semantic shift Hip Hop now means the same thing as Rap in regard to being a genre of music.

I guess it's like DAW once meant Digital Audio Workstation but now the term is used to describe only the software element.

An 808 is no longer an 808, there is only one sound made by an 808 now.

The first thing everyone needs to come to terms with is that due to a semantic shift Hip Hop now means the same thing as Rap in regard to being a genre of music.

I guess it's like DAW once meant Digital Audio Workstation but now the term is used to describe only the software element.

An 808 is no longer an 808, there is only one sound made by an 808 now.

yeah maybe I should ease up
it's not that serious
I guess I'm a old timer

the Hip-Hop Culture shaped my whole life
so I don't understand the mixing up of a culture and it's elements one being rap music

-Coach Antonio

yeah maybe I should ease up
it's not that serious
I guess I'm a old timer

the Hip-Hop Culture shaped my whole life
so I don't understand the mixing up of a culture and it's elements one being rap music

I know where you're coming from because I also feel the urge to resist such semantic shifts, but it's too late, the horse has already bolted.

The answer is there. Hip Hop is a culture. Music is music. Rap came from the culture of Hip Hop you can draw the line when there is no rapping. If that is what you are asking. Peace be with you............Rob Mixx
but it had to be said
HIP-HOP=Culture
Rap=Music

get it right sir

you may not like it but fact is fact
re-read and burn it in your memory

the mixing up of a culture with it's music element
is signs of why rap music is in the state it iso
rock is also a culture, country is a culture, dubstep is now a culture, heavy metal is a culture, punk is a culture, house is a culture, disco was a culture, hip-hop is a culture yes i understand. but they are also all genres and rap can not be music if its just a vocal style WTF that's like saying a vocal style like screamo is considered a genre even though they do that for a majority of heavy metal and non heavy metal songs too. imo rap will not and can never be a genre if it being used in different genres too

ok now riddle me this. if someone raps over a country song will you consider it hip-hop or will you consider it country. there is no right or wrong answer, the answer you give will show me whether you truly understand what i am asking for

Last edited:
Fataltone, you are not alone, we who actually lived it and have reaped the benefits of the culture socially, professionally, and have raised our family through it have to keep educating those who are uninitiated and were not fortunate enough to have come from the culture or understand its true essence. It's more than music. It is that serious. Hip Hop itself has not changed. The principles that built the culture are not just essential for the culture but for life itself. Uplift through education and facts. Truth is eternal. Not all will understand nor want to understand. Peace be with you.........Rob Mixx

Fataltone, you are not alone, we who actually lived it and have reaped the benefits of the culture socially, professionally, and have raised our family through it have to keep educating those who are uninitiated and were not fortunate enough to have come from the culture or understand its true essence. It's more than music. It is that serious. Hip Hop itself has not changed. The principles that built the culture are not just essential for the culture but for life itself. Uplift through education and facts. Truth is eternal. Not all will understand nor want to understand. Peace be with you.........Rob Mixx

yet you still avoid the issue and refuse to answer this one simple question.

ok now riddle me this. if someone raps over a country song will you consider it hip-hop or will you consider it country. there is no right or wrong answer, the answer you give will show me whether you truly understand what i am asking for

Cultures are built and defined by principles. Rock, country, dubstep etc describe types of music. Read and research. The question has already been answered. It's just not the answer you wanted to hear or agree with and there is nothing i can say to change that. Read and think. Peace be with you...................Rob Mixx

Haven't heard this in a while. Love it more right now than I did when it released.

It has this refeshing minty sound to it. Timelessness. That's not a piano loop. That's hard work through out.

But.....once you start comparing it to 2001..........that's when you instantly think it sucks.

By the way.....this is only a test.

Last edited:
Cultures are built and defined by principles. Rock, country, dubstep etc describe types of music. Read and research. The question has already been answered. It's just not the answer you wanted to hear or agree with and there is nothing i can say to change that. Read and think. Peace be with you...................Rob Mixx
no you did not answer anything, continue to avoid my question. a simple yes or no answer followed by an explanation would suffice.

Young man, go up to my original reply that begins with Yes, and here's why. Come on now. I told you before, pm me if you need understanding. Peace be with you..............

Young man, go up to my original reply that begins with Yes, and here's why. Come on now. I told you before, pm me if you need understanding. Peace be with you..............
no it doesn't what you said was "hip-hop is still hip hop." which sounded very ambiguous

unless you meant to reply: "yes i would still consider it hip-hop reasons being that...."

Last edited:
Good subject.

Does anyone ever thought that rap and hiphop may die out soon? It fells like rap/hiphop artists is fading slowly, I mean, like people like Waka, Gucci and Yo Gotti feel like their underground artists. Even producers like Drumma Boy or Lex luger is only making beats for rappers, like they arent as "huge" as Timbaland, and other popular producers.

Heck, Do you really think people will listen tp rap/hiphop in 5 - 10 years? And how can we keep it alive?

rock is also a culture, country is a culture, dubstep is now a culture, heavy metal is a culture, punk is a culture, house is a culture, disco was a culture, hip-hop is a culture yes i understand. but they are also all genres and rap can not be music if its just a vocal style WTF that's like saying a vocal style like screamo is considered a genre even though they do that for a majority of heavy metal and non heavy metal songs too. imo rap will not and can never be a genre if it being used in different genres too

Depends on what stands out more/which is the stronger base between the 2 genres fused together. Usually its primarily genre A with elements of genre B fused together but over all genre A has the stronger base so that's what it is overall categorized as.

Example

Rap rock..... a fusion vocal and instrumental elements of hip hop/rap with various forms of rock

In this song its more so rock with elements of hip hop/rap to me (he is rapping the verses)

In this song its more so hip hop/rap with elements of rock to me (guitars in the instrumental)

Both are rap rock but in one song the rock stands out more than the rap/hip hop and the other vice versa

The same would go for country rap or "hick hop" as its known as..

Last edited:
Back