Is an mpc good for anything beyond sampling?

crimsonhawk47

I've heard that it comes with a great library, but most of the time people recommend an mpc to me it's for the sampling, which is not really what I do.

The MPC is a classic beat making machine :) I like it becouse thats the way i started and it keeps me away from the computer. My whole production prosses goes on at the MPC and turntable. When producing on the mpc i get the kind of style of beat and sound that i want, that i was not able to get when trying out some DAW´s with controllers. The MPC 5000 got an virtual analouge synthecizer in it, wich is kind of cool...

The MPC is basically a sampling machine with seequenzer. Check out some videos on youtube if you are unsure of what the MPC can do and see if it got the features you are looking for :)

excuse bad english. ! :)

You can use the MPC to control and sequence other MIDI gear. That's its strength beyond being a sampler.

agreed, to me the MPC has always been a good brain sequencer, with it's 32 midi channels. I export the midi file from my daw. and can use it to play various hardware synths / drum machines. Good for live performance too, as you can trigger the pads.

Back