Interface, Monitors, Turntable compatability question

Brewce

so i already have a pair of m-audio bx5a monitors and need an interface that will allow me to play records through a turntable on my monitors. im on a really tight budget, but ive been lookin at gettin the m-audio fast track pro and the stanton T.52B . i know to hook up my monitors to the interface all i need is 2 TRS outputs on the interface, but hookin up a turntable to the interface is where im a little confused. the turntable has phono outputs and the fast track pro doesnt have phono inputs. i was wondering if i could connect the turntable to a Behringer PP400 pre amp via the L and R inputs on the pre amp then connect the 1/4' output to my interface via the mic TRS input. also if u have any other interfaces tht u would recommend tht would be great, kinda sketched out by the reviews of the fast track pro but seems like my only option at this price.

sorry wouldve posted links but not enough posts. any help would be much appreciated

i was wondering if i could connect the turntable to a Behringer PP400 pre amp via the L and R inputs on the pre amp then connect the 1/4' output to my interface via the mic TRS input.

Yes, that's what the PP400 is for. There's a lot of choice around the $200 range nowadays - take a look at Focusrite, Echo Audio & Presonus before you take the dive with the FTP.

What you need is a usb mixer/interface it should be able to hook up your computer/monitors with your turntable. It makes the same job like a interface but it has much more outputs and preamps. Take a look at the YAMAHA MW10C

If I'm wrong please correct me.

What you need is a usb mixer/interface it should be able to hook up your computer/monitors with your turntable. It makes the same job like a interface but it has much more outputs and preamps. Take a look at the YAMAHA MW10C

If I'm wrong please correct me.

There aren't a lot of USB mixer/interfaces that output anything else than the stereo master outs (the MW10C does exactly this, for example) - and "more outputs and preamps" than what? There's plenty of interfaces that have a lot of i/o...

Back