Instrumentation Beats vs Trap Beats

gescajadillo

I am really starting to notice everybody is turning to instrumentation beats, that whole MMG Justice League style. With trap music being over saturated, do you think live sound beats will surpass trap music? I even notice Hudson Mohawke does some live stuff as well. Even Top 40 music is mostly programmed live sounds. What is your opinion? Is every aspiring trap producer just going to give it up and just grab a copy of Addictive Drums?

Instrumentation beats? Seriously dude?

LOL

All "beats" are is instrumentation, so that doesn't make sense.

Anyways, I think that most folks don't have the resources too track live instrumentation.
With VSTi's a lot of times those are live instrumentation.

Sure nothing beats a real drummer with imperfections but. ..

I still prefer synth's and things of those nature. Just my preference.

I think live instrumentals sound too polished and pop sounding.

My 2 cents.

yeah, i think he means with live beats melodies and drum-patterns that could be played with live instruments. although my beats sound like they could've played live. They cannot. Cause i put impossible chord progressions in my beats that i don't even know shit about.

They are harder to make. If you want to be different, it's easier to do so on a non-trap beat.

As far as I'm concerned, I have been trying to keep using 808 but with more elaborate instrumentations/melodies but I keep turning my stuff into some kind of rnb thing...

I guess soft transient drums are complementary with hard/savage melodies and hard drums with chill melodies for it to sound hiphop.

but I digress. But yeah it has been a trend for some time now. The thing is that I don't see what can replace an 808. It's just too addictive. lol. That's why most of the current tracks still use them. Why Mike Will is around so much.
A good ass melody can trump that a little though. Well I hope.

Last edited:
What does Mike Will's lame ass have too do with the conversation? He did a fair job on, Bangerz.

Why does everyone stay licking Mike Will's dick?

What does Mike Will's lame ass have too do with the conversation? He did a fair job on, Bangerz.

Why does everyone stay licking Mike Will's dick?

he's that guy right now.
its his time, just like before, lex luger was the name in everybody mouth.

Ain't nobody studdin no instrumentation beats. But if you are some kind of musical genius weirdo like me........you don't need no got damn rapper. You just hypnotize people into thinking that it sounds good.....and they just purchase on impulse. Rappers be like "who is going to rap to that". I be like "I know right....that's the point."

I'm the best......don't categorize my shit!!!!!

This thread is an exercise in overthinking.

Mike Will even being discussed in this thread should bring alot of light to the discussion. He makes WELL PRODUCED TRAP for the most part. That's not something "different", that's what any musician with the capabilities does to any genre at it's blossoming time.

The discussion should be "has anyone noticed all that mouse and step sequenced trap is starting to dissolve and now we here more complete compositions with trap elements"?

This stuff isn't new, remember the Runners, Cool N Dre, Heatmakers, ect? Lex came in with a new twist, then someone else comes in with a new twist, then someone else. Ayo has been just now getting regular shine when he's been making this music we're describing since before I even heard of Lex Luger. No idea's original, it's all about the time of execution.

Thread after thread on this site of "I made a trap beat to show everyone how easy it is", that's the problem, once you're cookie cutting(making identical shyt)you're putting yourself out the races. Everyone else's shyt took them 10 minutes of mouseclicking too, so what more do you bring to the table? All Mike Will brought was filters, better mixes on the low end, and Future choruses, but that was ENOUGH!!!!

And that's in no way insulting the guy, I love his tracks. But c'mon, what are you gonna bring?

The significance of trap versus instrumentation is the substance of the sound created as well as the mix. When it comes to hip hop music, the medium that you choose is up to you. Both are marketable.

Back