Informed opinion needed

DarrenJames

Hi Fp,

I need some help here folks, I am going to buy an Audio Interface tomorrow and I have come across 2 deals but I am not sure as to which to purchase.

Deal 1: Mbox Mini 2 - Protools 8 LE for £169.00

Deal 2: M audio fast track - Pro tools M powered - £129.00

I am looking to record from live instruments and am now considering making the change to PT. Which is the best value here and why?

Any other suggestions will also be appreciated

Well the fast track has more inputs as far as I can tell.

Regarding the software that comes with the hardware, theres already a topic on this forums (just did a quick google search ;) )
I read it and the only difference between 8 LE and M Powered is that M Powered works with hardware from M Audio and 8 LE does not.

You should type this in google: 'difference pro tools m powered le' and click on the first link. It's a pretty complex thing, those differences, but it all has to do with what kind of hardware you are going to use. I would go for the Mbox Mini 2 though, but thats based on a friend's recommendation :P

Thanks dude,

I had done a bit of research before hand but could not really get a clear cut answer on which is the better value. I think I am leaning more towards the M box mini as most people say it is better quality. I am however a bit concerned about buying it because of the M box mini 3 is now available also PT9. But as PT is new to me I don't think I would mind being an edition behind.

Thanks for the input bro, I think I will take your recommendation.

No probs mate, I'd go for the Mini as well, like I already said; a friend of mine recommended it to me. He has been making beats for years and knows a LOT about hardware and all that. I don't think you will have so much 'less' when you are one edition behind indeed, software always changes and they always tweak stuff, but PT8 should more than enough for a long time to come :)

Back