>>Information About Different Genres <<

sirneeva

I want to know, how I can learn the information of different genres, like which instruments/sounds should be used in particular genre whether its trap,hip hop,dubstep or anyone. Also how to program drum in different genres.
Any help would be appreciated. :hello:

I think that since we are talking about art here, there are really no boundaries that define what kind of instruments are used on specific genres. You can have a spanish guitar playing over an amen break, at 174 bpm and call it "liquid drum and bass", and you can also have half-step drums played at 174bpm and call it drumstep.

Give a check on wikipedia, inside each genre you want to know about. Normally you'll have some examples, and you can start building your knowledge from there.

analyze songs of different genres and then pick out the similarities and differences between all the genres

I listen to a vast variety of music, and it really say what belongs in what genre. To me, any instrument can be used in any genre, the only thing that really defines a genre to me, is how the sounds are used.

Sorry if this doesn't help. Though I would definitely try what Yumid suggested.

Back