In desperate need of constructive criticism

shawneebeats

So I am new here (also an amateur producer) just trying to get involved in the community to gain knowledge about beat making, discuss the beat making process, etc... I've been making beats just for fun but I felt like it was about time I start taking this more seriously since I would love to work with other local artists and such since that sounds like a lot of fun. However, I AM IN NEED OF STRAIGHT FORWARD, (hopefully) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. If somebody could point out my weaknesses, strengths, and further advice on anything I would very much appreciate it! :) Anyways, if you guys could check out this song and get back to me it would mean the world to me.

Thank you!

Sean

Attachments

• A$AP BIBBY..mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
Hey
It would be easier to upload your link to soundcloud or online so people can listen directly instead of downloading.

Ok so my feedback
- The intro was way too long before the actual beat comes in
- This beat is missing "oomph!" Add some 808 drums or give it a bassline so the song has more power
- The beat is too repetitive...vary it up, add some different elements and sounds to give it more flare

Don't just stick with one melody and have it used throughout the whole song, add different elements, different sounds to keep the listener unexpected, this beat was too predictable in terms of melody and drums

Hope this helps :)

Hey man, welcome to the forum!
I quite agree with Smooth4lyfe as it is quite too repetitive and maybe you should add more sounds or new elements like basslines, drums or even just change the original melody, also if you've just started its not bad. If you need anymore advice, help or just opinion don't hesitate to contact me. Hope this helps, continue producing :victory:

Back