I'm not a hater BUT.....

ShawkCityBeats

Don't get me wrong, I like dub-step but I feel that the whole dubstep-hiphop hybrid thing is just a major fad. I don't think it has a long shelf life in hip hop. Thoughts?

i think its providing an avenue for people, and at the end of the day. Most hip hop goes through fads as far as production goes.

the thing i like about this dubstep/hip hop hyrbid, is it empowers producers though. Now producers can go out and become their own artists, which is another stream of revenue and gives power back to the creators.

you can make a bunch of Dubstep/HipHop/Trap hybrid beats, and go out and perform them joints and get paid for it. It gives you a whole new view on how to do music and can turn producers into artists... if theyre smart and have a good network

just most dont.

so its like why not cash out while you can and especially if you enjoy what youre making

i think its providing an avenue for people, and at the end of the day. Most hip hop goes through fads as far as production goes.

the thing i like about this dubstep/hip hop hyrbid, is it empowers producers though. Now producers can go out and become their own artists, which is another stream of revenue and gives power back to the creators.

you can make a bunch of Dubstep/HipHop/Trap hybrid beats, and go out and perform them joints and get paid for it. It gives you a whole new view on how to do music and can turn producers into artists... if theyre smart and have a good network

just most dont.

so its like why not cash out while you can and especially if you enjoy what youre making

I see your views have changed Drew. I made a thread that got heated about "dubstep the new hip hop in 2012?" a while back and you was saying 'if you hadn't been making dubstep ain't no point in getting in it now'... or something like that.

Maybe you was high that day or today! lol

I got a lil buzz going right now doing this hybrid shyt live. Got a paid performance coming up next month actually. Me and my maschine, got the performance on lock right now.

^^^That's different than saying dubstep is going to swallow the whole game up and take over. That's still underground...which is nothing new. Congrats by the way.

And I like dubstep now for the same reason as Drew.....opportunity. I don't like dubstep any more for a lot of reason though. Just the stuff that grew on me. Something new has to be like extremely original.

^^^That's different than saying dubstep is going to swallow the whole game up and take over. That's still underground...which is nothing new. Congrats by the way.

And I like dubstep now for the same reason as Drew.....opportunity. I don't like dubstep any more for a lot of reason though. Just the stuff that grew on me. Something new has to be like extremely original.

fair enough and thanks.

I'll try to get some footage and post a youtube link here.

I see your views have changed Drew. I made a thread that got heated about "dubstep the new hip hop in 2012?" a while back and you was saying 'if you hadn't been making dubstep ain't no point in getting in it now'... or something like that.

Maybe you was high that day or today! lol

I got a lil buzz going right now doing this hybrid shyt live. Got a paid performance coming up next month actually. Me and my maschine, got the performance on lock right now.

naw i always agreed that dubstep was popular and a good stream of revenue. I was just saying that this trapstep stuff has no real culture, its piggybacking off two different sub-genres and it wont have a long run.

but im always down for people going out and getting money

my homies are LOUDPVCK, cool with Flosstradamus, Baauer a bunch of people who do the performing. I've been actually asked to DJ it, and im working on a Trap project with a website myself lol

i just dont think its something people should get really attached to, because things move quickly.. now i'm hearing for more less "dubstep" as skrillex made it known, and now hearing more of this hybrid urban Electro.. actually i think thats what im gonna start calling it. Urban Electro

So it just goes to show you how quickly trends move

Dubstep/Hip hop mixes will be around forever. Music doesn't die. It may not be a trend five years from now, but somebody will fall in love with that sound and keep making that kind of music.

Stop crying about trends and get that money.

Back