Im glad to see no one helps me at Onlinedj.com

K

Kubina

I've made three posts on differnt forums on the site, I wish people that are actully into techno could help me. I don't that many people to turn to, for help and advice. No one can give me a single reply, this is trash. You'd think a Moderator maybe would at least take time with a new comer to the site...

Hi Kubina...well it's never too late...so welcome ! :D

Well it can take sometimes a few days before some mods or other members reply to your posts...
The mods are not here full time, we also got projects and jobs on our side, we're here in our free time, so we can't reply to each new thread in the hour... and it's not because we're moderators that we have to answer to each post, other members can also do that. ;)

I'm sorry if you had no replies to your previous posts and for your midi problems I think an USB midi interface will make the job to control Reason with your keyboard...on mac OS we use OMS to control midi devices and interfaces, I don't know for PCs...But I'm sure a nice PC user will give you some good advices very soon !

Take care ! :)

Talking about USB:
It's not a bad idea, but I'd suggest a soundcard with a midi Interface instead.
If your soundcard doesn't have one, it's not a very good one and then you should have a new anyway if you want to make music with it.
It would be silly to use valuable USB space when a soundcard is just as fine on a PC.

I'm sorry that you have waited so long for a reply, but we don't get a penny to be on here, (actually it costs me a great deal. I hate my I-Net Supplier GRRR!)

Also: Rigth now I have shitloads of work since I'm a bartender and christmas gives us a lot of people dining.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the input, i have a Creative Live! MP3+ so its a good card... for muh gaming:). But i dont use my two USBs so i think it'd be fine to get a nice interface with USB out... I'm thinking of a Knobby, good idea?

Welcome Kubina!

sometimes it does take a day to get replies, mostly because of time differences ;).. some people are sleeping while you are trying to get help :)

Anyway... your thread title does look scary :D
I am glad you got help

See you around man

A knobby... Do you mean a Midi controller device?
Anyway.
Your soundblaster live should have a MIDI In/out.
If you want to get a USB MIDI interface you should get one with several inputs and outputs, believe me, you'll probably find it usefull in time.

I've decided not to get a Knobby

Since you can have all the knobs automated in Reason, which is what I'll use to make muh music, I don't think it's nessesary to buy an external midi controller, at least with knobs. I won;t do anythign live... so I'll have the computer do for me and save 200 bucks. I'll still get that interface so i can hook up my keyboard.
Thanks,
seeya

Back