I'm dying to find these 808's

Jarron Weller

Hey Guys, I don't know if your familiar with 808 Mafia well there's this one guy in the group and his name is TM-88 he produced Danny Glover by Young Thug and what I'm looking for is in that song too!,
and he's crazy!!! His hi hat patterns are one thing... but his 808's!!!!

Can anybody please help me find TM-88's 808's?

Here are some prime examples of his 808's and Hats

Danny Glover By Young Thug

Juice By Spiiker

Jungle Fever By Que

Sorry I would post links but this is my first post

808 + overdrive/distortion, now while you can just play your 808s through overdrive/distortion I would recommend experimenting with applying overdrive/distortion to a high pitched 808 which you then render as audio and pitch back down, that way you get a slow motion overdrive/distortion effect.

Thank you! I really appreciate you replying! and yeah I figured to use overdrive, and is there an effect just called Distortion?
and what do you think about Camel Crush? if you've heard of it or use it.

I don't quite think that's the sound I'm looking for, Have you heard any of these songs?

Juice By Spiiker

Jungle Fever By Que

Check em out they have a specific 808 I'm looking for

Last edited:
I don't quite think that's the sound I'm looking for, Have you heard any of these songs?

Juice By Spiiker

Jungle Fever By Que

Check em out they have a specific 808 I'm looking for

If I were to try and recreate that sound I would take a regular 808, add maxxbass to give it harmonics, bounce it out into a new sample, re insert it into a drum machine and add distortion as an insert effect to the 808 pattern.

Oh okay, I don't have maxxbass but I'm going to try to download it right now, and I don't know how I would bounce that out into a new sample, could you explain that a little more to me? and thank you!!

Oh okay, I don't have maxxbass but I'm going to try to download it right now, and I don't know how I would bounce that out into a new sample, could you explain that a little more to me? and thank you!!

after adding the maxxbass and tweaking it to your liking, play or draw in 1 individual hit of your 808 sound into your sequencer then solo your 808 track so its the only thing playing and export out the audio to a .wav

Back