I'm 100% new, anyone like a challenge?

KieronWiltshire

Hello, so my name is Kieron Wiltshire. I'm an 18 year old who likes to learn about anything and everything. I've taught myself many things such as image manipulation, software engineering and now I want to give music production a crack!

I'm 100% new, I've never played an instrument in my life, but I'm eager to learn!
I live in an area where there are hardly any opportunities but I wont let that stop me.

This thread is asking for the people who have been doing this sort of thing for years for advice and help.
I'd like to start learning right away, if you have anything to suggest to me then please suggest it.
I appreciate all and any help I can get!

My music interests right now is in the genres of House, Progressive House and Deep House.

Hello, so my name is Kieron Wiltshire. I'm an 18 year old who likes to learn about anything and everything. I've taught myself many things such as image manipulation, software engineering and now I want to give music production a crack!

I'm 100% new, I've never played an instrument in my life, but I'm eager to learn!
I live in an area where there are hardly any opportunities but I wont let that stop me.

This thread is asking for the people who have been doing this sort of thing for years for advice and help.
I'd like to start learning right away, if you have anything to suggest to me then please suggest it.
I appreciate all and any help I can get!

My music interests right now is in the genres of House, Progressive House and Deep House.

First thing first-Welcome to the forum.
Jumping right in to your question,
Are you eager to learn to play an instrument or learn production? Because, since you stated you want to produce house music, I would advice against learning an instrument. If EDM production is what you want to do and you want to "start learning right away", I can guarantee you will not go about it the best way (taking lessons from an experienced teacher), you probably will try YT'ing piano lessons, not commit any serious time practice, then quit. This forum is full of "Youtube self-learners", ask them if they are still at it. I guarantee the answer will be "no".

And besides, its not like you NEED instrument lessons to do EDM. EDM music is "fun, play" music kinda like monkeys at the zoo having fun throwing poop-monkeys don't take lessons to learn how to have fun throwing poop, do they? Don't bog yourself down learning music when you can be having fun making EDM. Anyone producing EDM that plays an instrument well, had spent many years not having much fun learning to play before producing EDM. Do you want to spend years not having fun learning an instrument, or do you want to jump in and have fun right away making dance music, playing with effects in your DAW?

So, read some threads here, get a DAW, get a midi controller, and start having fun today!

Last edited:
Back