if you havnt ever fcked with jay electronica

Im from Europe and havent really heard much of Jay Electronica, but I dont really find him that unique/creative.

Overrated IMO.
he need 2 put out stuff and do work, making 1 hot song every half year aint the makings of a great artist to me.
I respect him breaking up that billionaire husbands home to get 2 that cake By Any Means Neccesary. B.A.M.N.

I believe in quality over quantity. I also believe he tries to write verses that hold real weight instead of a wack verse.

Quality over quantity is defeinitly the purpose but, if it takes him a half year 2 write dat verse he did wid jay-z, or even the control verse dat was pretty weak. I cant rate him as a serious artist.

I find dat willie the kid is an amazing artist, but many people tell me the same about him, and that is he needs to be more consistent with his projects, in order to hav an impact.

But i appreciate anything I can get from "quality over quantity artist" that arent consistent with work, u appreciate them more wen their not around as much, and when they do finally com out, its a breathe of fresh air.

Dude left earth for a Rothschild. I'm big on people living to the beat of the music they make. If Lil Wayne had done the same, I wouldn't feel the same way. But how you puttin me on my dean and givin me math when you leave earth for a Rothschild?

I never thought he was that ill before that. He's another Saigon IMO. Dope MC, but nothing to go crazy over, dope MCs come and go by the minute. But the ones that have that extra something can someday be legendary, I don't see that with him.

Also always reminded me of MF Doom who I think is hotter.

Last edited:
Dude left earth for a Rothschild. I'm big on people living to the beat of the music they make. If Lil Wayne had done the same, I wouldn't feel the same way. But how you puttin me on my dean and givin me math when you leave earth for a Rothschild?

I never thought he was that ill before that. He's another Saigon IMO. Dope MC, but nothing to go crazy over, dope MCs come and go by the minute. But the ones that have that extra something can someday be legendary, I don't see that with him.

Also always reminded me of MF Doom who I think is hotter.

Basically, you hit one of larger issues, but I'll come back to that.
For the record, I think he is an above average MC, but like u said they're a lot of them. He's better than most Dope MCs.
Still, all in all u have stay active if u ain't made it yet. 2+ years off, after basically blowing up more than any other MC dropping science(metaphorically) in recent years. His album should have been out last year at least.
For those of us that admire that lane where cats drop knowledge/math/science Jay elect is like oh sh__it. Plus the stuff he dropped with Just was classic.
The Rothschild thing is crazy. Talk about temptations and contradictions.
If it was just some hollywood/pop girl named "sarah" I would be like this ninja fake. But this is a Rothschild, which is a little more complicated discussion.
I agree he can't claim to be sympathetic to the NOI or 5% bros' philosophy and walk around with an imperial princess. Just don't work like that.
That said, we are all human and he needs drop the damn album

Back