i want to learn how to dj.....

R

rock g

not using turntables, but using a laptop, mp3s and some kind of mixer. what is the best way to learn??

Oh, so you don't want DJ, you just want to play music.

how does traktor scratch work, ive read stuff about it but i cant fully comprehend it....do u plug your turntable into the audio interface and then scratch ur mp3's?

not using turntables, but using a laptop, mp3s and some kind of mixer. what is the best way to learn??

you want to learn how to dj
but you dont want tables, or cdjs?
get traktor, scratch live
or since you just started
virtual dj

If you're only going to play music from your laptop, there's no point in getting a hardware mixer. You can use an internal software mixer (Ableton?). What DJs do you like? Mostly the skill is in picking good tracks and sequencing them nicely.

You might want a nice DA out and amp, or a DI box, to better control your sound live, but you don't need that sort of stuff to get started.

i always thought flylo was like idm or something.

its whatever he wants to call it, i guess. he's got a video where he's sporting a dilla shirt...and another video where he's repping aphex twin.

the point is that it's not really 4/4. in fact, some of his beats are pretty tricky to mix compared to most hip-hop.

Ableton and Traktor Scratch Pro are excellent programs. I've used Ableton to make beats with, but I use Traktor to spin with. It's easy to learn: use up to 4 decks, it has some dope effects, an internal mixer and the Audio 8 soundcard is the bomb! All you need to do now is just like Hosey mentioned....get some good tracks and just get to mixing.

Back