I want a scratch mixer, but I need 3 channels! Recommendations?

emy

I have narrowed it down to the Vestax VMC 185 XL, Numark DXM 09 or Numark X9

I have tested the crossfader on the DXM, it is really loose, looser than the Vestax I think. I like the look of the Vestax more but I've read about about the crossfader curve not being sharp enough, and I don't know what the X9 fader is like for scratching. I currently have an M2 which is called a scratch mixer but the fader is not great

I am a beginner, not advanced or anything so what do you recommend out of these or any other mixers?

Thank you for any help :)

Last edited:
Get one that you want and install a new X-fader :D

I know that the DXM and X series from Numark can use the Innofader which is one of the better crossfaders on the market. The Vestax however can't.

You might also check for the Eclectic Breaks Pro X Fade, but I think those only fit Vestax PMC's and Xones.

If the Vestax doesn't have curve control, then don't even consider it. You essentially need to be able to reduce the curve in order to do any scratch aside from Babies.

Anywho, most 3-channel mixers come w/ **** faders. The Innofader is probably going to be your best bet if you want a pro-quality scratch fader.

Back