I just bought an MPC 1000 for...

black_mammoth

boomer sooner
$300...:bigeyes: deal of the year? or deal of the century?

it was collecting dust in my friends, older brothers, basement... he just gave me a sweet deal on it (didn't want it). I'm a little in shock right now... this is the one I always wanted... and I've been banging out the beats on the MPD18 for awhile now. This is a big step for me, lol. I'm a big fan of Reason, and I'm currently figuring out how to link the two! :cheers:

idk... just had to share this crazy story! No one else really cares about a "beat machine." I'm sure you all will understand though! haha.

Last edited:
Dawg, this ain't that great.
Is it a blue-and-red one or one of the older black ones? It has a pad defect and the pads stop working within a year.

The blue-and-red ones are on sale pretty frequently for $350 in the Bay Area Craigslist.

As far as the MPC and software thing, I've seen two posts related to it. I don't understand why people think the MPC and software are two different worlds and are so flustered when linking the two. It's quite simple. The MPC is a sampler that produces its own sounds. And it's not gonna do sh*t on your computer or in your software. It's not a MIDI controller.
I bang out my drums on my MPC (it hits harder I swear). I might chop some samples up hear and there.
Then layout my melody using VSTi's and my Motif XF. Track em all into FL. The workflow is rather simple.

Ight dawg.

I got the free JJ OS 3.12 or whatever... thought about getting the OS1... but I found that Recycle tied with Bluebox is better "FOR ME." It's 2011. bite me.

all the pads seem fine... it's really never been used. I upgraded to the 128ram just now... I didn't say I didn't "understand" the concept of linking the two. I just really enjoy Reason, and I plan on having fun using it as well. Everyone has an opinion on what someone should do or "work flow".. at the end of the day it's "is your music is good or not." Yeah, it's red and blue. I might go to MPCSTUFF(dot)com and add the black case just for you.. dawg.

I got a 2GB CF card as well. I don't really know if I'll need to bump up to a 80GB hard drive. Just excited about my new investment, that's all. ;)

Last edited:
I know the feeling Black! I got a Superman blue 1000 roughly 8mos ago for nearly the same price and I locked myself in the lab with the manual. It came with the 80gb hard drive so I upgraded the ram at a local computer store for about $40. I'm in the same boat as you with the 1000 & mpcstuff. I even customized the splash screen! I'm thinking of customizing the housing mainly because it's 1 my vintage piece of gear & there's nothing like bangin' beats on "your own sh@$" I had it hooked up with Reason also, but decided against it because I didn't want to leave it idle for hours on end while I was tweaking sounds-those lcd screens are costly.

I definitely know the feeling though bruh-keep bangin'!

even though almost every other 1000 Ive seen has pad issues, Ive had one since it came out, and all of my pads are fine. Its easy to fix anyway. Its my favorite modern mp because of its size. Ive also had my lcd screen on for years...

Yeah, if it ever started to die on me.. I'd just buy the new pads.

@bluntbeats... yeah I bought the 128mb upgrade on Ebay for 11 bucks. I feel sorry for the people that buy that Akai upgrade. :[ the jerks..

Ebay prices from trustworthy sellers are around $450-$550 for blue ones in excellent condition.
You see them for what you paid, but usually from sellers with limited,or sketchy selling history.

Since you were able to physically see the mpc before buying makes it a pretty good deal.

Good job bro. Thats how I felt when my homie's lawyer gave me a Roland Fantom x6 and a MPC 2500 for......$FREE.99. I passed out.

Back