I have windows 7,and Adobe CS5 After effects..but it keeps closing me out.

Joel Venom

www.joelvenombeats.com
adobe keeps shutting down as soon as i go to open a session,should i be using this program? and if not are there any other recording programs that are compatible with this one? every program i've tried hasnt worked on this computer and i have a dell xps and i don't know what the problem is. if you guys can help i appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm assuming none of your software is pirated. Have you installed any new drivers or updated any software lately? Sometimes these can cause all kinds of errors. Try doing a clean install of Windows 7 and only installing what you need to get After Effects working. If the problem went away. Install one program at a time, taking time to use After Effects before installing the next program. When it acts up you've found your culprit.

could be many things....bad installation, RAM/Memory issue...Hard drive space requirement...I know Adobe programs have a thing where you NEED X amount of FREE Hard drive space for the program to work.....So make sure you have PLENTY of space needed when trying to open old sessions.

Also, I thought Adobe After Effects is more for video editing/mastering......while I'm sure it can be used for just audio recording, maybe you should try Adobe's Audition? Its strictly Recording, editing, mixing, mastering....none of the extra stuff for video related stuff.

word,well i downloaded after effects and then it has adobe audition cs5,which is what im assuming i use. but i also downloaded adobe audition 3 and it worked for a little bit and then quickly shutdown on me as well. im going to look into the driver problem thing tho. thanks for all of the advice you guys.

you should be recording with adobe audition... unless your making movies my friend. ps. Audition 1.5 is better than 3. I know that sounds silly, but i've had way to many problems with 3.

Back