I am the happy new owner of an akai cd3000i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabiton

Cupcake God
I just bought it today and i like it a lot so far. However I wish I could find a manual for it. Does anyone have any links to any manuals? I basically want to use it for drums and ill sequence it on my software or on my esq-1. I would like to figure out how to assign samples to certain keys on the keyboard tho. any and all help and suggestions would be nice

the cd 3000 does not the 3000 i does sample in stereo. And has a good amount of sample time as well. I am still figuring out the machine but I did not see a manual on akaipro.com just the os. That was the first thing I did before making the thread. THanks for the fast response I hope I can find a manual for this thing because it sounds great. Its similar to the 2000 in sound but its grittier and goes down to 22hz. Im lovin it thus far

Well...

Right on...yeah man..if you look close one of the other 3000 series rack manuals is said to be similar enough to use with your model. Akai is really really bad support wise it appears...same with the 2000 classic manual..they don't supply it. They expect you to use the XL manual for the classic...with that old 'Some product features..blah blah blah...'. Crazy. Yours come with an internal CD drive too?? That would be cool for a rack joint.

Freezo said:
Right on...yeah man..if you look close one of the other 3000 series rack manuals is said to be similar enough to use with your model. Akai is really really bad support wise it appears...same with the 2000 classic manual..they don't supply it. They expect you to use the XL manual for the classic...with that old 'Some product features..blah blah blah...'. Crazy. Yours come with an internal CD drive too?? That would be cool for a rack joint.
it does have a cd drive yet i havent tried it yet tho. if i understand correctly i cannot sample my cds into it directly. not that its a huge deal because i plan to chop with recycle. but i love how gritty this thing sounds. its giving my drums new life.

I'm almost certain that the engine, the converters, and the analog signal pathways are the same as the MPC3000 with the 3000 rack series (with the exception of the S3000XL... apparently it sounds brighter, possibly due to a different analog path).

the sound i am checking it through is via my headphones in the headphone jack is its right inbetween the 3000 and the 2000xl to my ears. its not as gritty as the samples ive heard from the mpc 3000 but i havent gotten deep into the machine yet either. so far its a lot of fun but i need to go to the store and buy some floppies

I have a s3000 the only manual i seen was for xl. it looks like to set each sample you have to set up keyzones which looks like it'll take all day. I just either set each to a diff midi and controll it threw tracks in daw or sample 1 or 2 bars time it record midi to daw then to audio track chop cut and paste. someone should make a program to controll edits and bring these legends up to date maybe a usb exp card.

yea i bet it does if u chop the samples onboard i do midi dumps and do all of my editing in recycle

does the cd3000i really sample in stereo because
w w w.akai.brothelowner.com/jules/S3000/info.html#4

delete spaces between www

says it doesnt have any inputs.
so please tell me whats goin on , i mean ill know it in a couple of days but i wanna know it now...oh and btw can anybody tell me if im right when i converted wavs to s-datas so i can load em with my cd3000i and then create a drumkit inside of the sampler oh and could somebody tell me how to create a drumkit i mean i wnat a bd on c1 sd on c1# and so on ... and the last question...do i need an akai os disk to start up the sampler bcause i heard something like that about the s2000 and ive heard they come with an standart floppy with idk what kinda data on it do i need this disk ?... i know i wrote a lot but i still hope that anybody can answer my questions...
peace Da Genius

Last edited:
does the cd3000i really sample in stereo because
w w w.akai.brothelowner.com/jules/S3000/info.html#4

delete spaces between www

says it doesnt have any inputs.
so please tell me whats goin on , i mean ill know it in a couple of days but i wanna know it now...oh and btw can anybody tell me if im right when i converted wavs to s-datas so i can load em with my cd3000i and then create a drumkit inside of the sampler oh and could somebody tell me how to create a drumkit i mean i wnat a bd on c1 sd on c1# and so on ... and the last question...do i need an akai os disk to start up the sampler bcause i heard something like that about the s2000 and ive heard they come with an standart floppy with idk what kinda data on it do i need this disk ?... i know i wrote a lot but i still hope that anybody can answer my questions...
peace Da Genius
it does sample yes im not sure where the rumor came about that it didnt i also read soemhwere that it was the cd3000xl that didnt sample well i met someone with one that also sampled so im not sure wtf happend there

it doenst have any inputs you can just play sample cds or sounds youve loaded via floppy or zip i mean its not that bad but it wouldve been a nice feature ...that just means that i gotta sample to pc first and then via zip to cdi3000i

Last edited:
it doenst have any inputs you can just play sample cds or sounds youve loaded via floppy or zip i mean its not that bad but it wouldve been a nice feature ...that just means that i gotta sample to pc first and then via zip to cdi3000i
my cd3000i has sample inputs

are you really sure that u have an cd3000i bcause it doesnt have inputs, im pretty sure! , maybe you have an cd3000xl or something like that !?

have you ever owned one because I have had mine for a few years its not like it doesn't say cd3000i on the front

i just bought this cd3000i of ebay
h t t p://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160467035794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

delete spaces between http

look at the pictures they dont show any inputs !

Last edited:
damn now i feel kinda ripped off -.-

oh maybe there are different version like an us version and an european version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back