How to use this Wind Chime VST in FL???? :/

Dennis1990

I was searching for a windchime vst to give you more control on how it is played
I found this one and looks lie it can do the job
But no sound is coming out when I play it in 64 and 32.
searched online about any solutions but couldn't find any.

I have the interface of the windchimes VST up. But no sound coming out.

Any suggestions? Is this VST useless? Does it work in any other DAW?

Wind Chimes | tonecarver

from the readme

"It doesn't process audio or respond to midi input. It does however output midi notes representing chime strikes and optionally channel control messages representing wind force levels.

The system maintains a sense of energy and inertia so events tend to ramp up and down slowly rather than starting and stopping instantly."

i.e. you cannot control when it will start and stop nor control how fast it will act

If you're experiencing issues with a windchime VST not producing any sound, there could be a few potential solutions to try:

Check your audio settings: Ensure that your audio output is correctly configured within your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) or plugin host. Verify that the correct audio device and output channels are selected, and that the volume levels are appropriately adjusted Naturopathic Physician Lake Forest Park.

Confirm compatibility: Check if the windchime VST is compatible with your specific DAW. Some plugins may have compatibility issues with certain DAWs or require additional setup steps. Visit the developer's website or consult the VST's documentation for information on compatibility and any specific requirements.

Update the VST: Make sure you have the latest version of the windchime VST installed. Developers often release updates to address bugs or compatibility issues. Visit the developer's website or contact their support for any available updates or patches.

Test in a different DAW: If possible, try loading the windchime VST in a different DAW to determine if the issue is specific to your current DAW setup. This can help isolate whether the problem lies with the VST or the DAW itself.

Contact the VST developer: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, reach out to the developer of the windchime VST directly for technical support. They should be able to provide assistance or troubleshoot the problem more effectively, as they are familiar with their own product.

It's important to note that not all VSTs are created equal, and some may work better or more reliably than others. If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the windchime VST still doesn't produce any sound, it's possible that the VST may not be functioning correctly or may not be compatible with your setup. In such cases, you may need to explore alternative windchime VST options that are known to work well with your DAW.

Back