How to sample with Mpc 2000Xl?

napolian954

Whats up yall, Im thinking about getting a 2000xl. Ive been producing all in the box for years and i want to start sampling more and use the mpc as a drum trigger. My main concern is, since im a first time user, i am not a Dj, or an analog beatmaker like most people with the mpc, so i have a lot of old cd's or songs on my cpu that id like to sample. How can i get a sample from a cd to the mpc 2000xl? I have a mac pro and digi 003 rack, so im trying to figure out if i can import it directly from the cpu or protools, or if i need to transfer it via floppy.
and is the floppy only for loading sounds? can i fit a song from my computer on it, bring it to the mpc, and chop it up on there?

thanks a lot

You could look for an mpc with the multi-card reader and use sd-cards to transfer sounds from your computer. Of course you can always install one yourself too. If you have mpc with zip or floppy drive, you could get an usb drive to move sounds from your computer to the mpc. Or you could simply use the mpc's sample function and record the sounds from your computers audio out or your cd player into the mpc.

The storage capacity of floppies isn't that big that you could load full songs in wav format. Besides, I wouldn't recommend loading full songs to the mpc, just the parts you want to chop and sample as the maxed out sample time is about 3 minutes.

you could just record it to the computer like everyone else but seriously if all you want is a drum trigger just get a mpd a lot cheaper and youll get the same effect more easily

Burn it to cd then hook a cd player to the mpc2000xl record inputs and sample it.

Or Use a audio editor on your computer to sample the parts of the song u want to use,save them as 44.1 wav files and load them in your mpc2000xl.

If your computer does not have a floppy just get a usb floppy on ebay for like $15

You can save entire songs on floppys it just just take you a few of them.

Back