How to recover old recording project from fl studio

twranks

Hey guys/gals,
I personally don't have enough to get my own full studio, so I usually have artists send me their recorded vocals so I can mix and master them.

Last week, however, I changed laptops and for some reason fl studio (which is my DAW) can't seem to locate the vocals on my laptop.

Is there a way I can recover the vocals(I have all the original files) on fl studio or is all hope lost? Would appreciate any help I can get.

Happens in pro tools a lot, if you switch computers and the audio file isn't in your session audio files folder then it won't be able to locate it.. In pro tools it gives a popup screen where it will search your computer for the files new location if it on there (this also happens when you move a file from its parent location)

So i dont know specifics for FL studio, but what you need to do i think is find that vocal sample and either put it in your session audio files folder or wherever your sessions audio files are stored OR just re import the vocal back into the session since you said you still have it. Either way I cant see how you're screwed if you said you still have the file and the only problem is you switched computers.

You're fine.

Back