How to record audio from Reason 5 into Ableton Suite 8?

chenathan

Hey guys,

I need a nice piano sound from my library, except I want to use a really nice one that I have in Reason's NN-XT sampler.

I figured out how to ReWire it correctly into an Audio channel in Ableton (click I/O, set it to "In" instead of Auto, choose the channels from Reason where NN-XT is located), except the problem is, I can play it fine and hear it, but the audio can't get recorded, or at least I don't know how to record into Ableton! :cry:

My main mix is in Ableton, so Im using Reason as a slave just for the NN-XT sampler.

Does anyone know how to be able to record my MIDI notes from the NN-XT sampler into Ableton as a clip/audio file?

You must create a audio track in Ableton. Your problem is your only triggering a midi track. When you have created a audio track go to the spot where it says from "which is received audio" and change that to the Reason. You should see some meter activity if there's sound coming threw before you even select it. Now you should be able to arm the track and keep everything.

Back