How to re-import original audio files in LOGIC?!

Ali'i

Yee.
I changed the tempo of one of my audio files, decided I didn't like it, and changed it back.. Realized it destroyed the quality of the clip, and now I can't get back to the original audio??

I tried reopening the project without saving and when opened it said something along the lines of "one or more audio files was changed blah blah.."

I want to re import the audio into the channel if possible, so I don't have to make all the cuts to the clip and effects on the channel again.

I tried just going to the import audio window and importing the file again but it's greyed out and I can't click on it. Help!:mad:

---------- Post added 03-16-2011 at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-15-2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

BUMP.

I can't find the register button to the Logic forums, and the thread that asked this question already was in 2008, and helps me 0 much.

---------- Post added 03-17-2011 at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-16-2011 at 07:23 PM ----------

Bump...?

I'm dumb.. command + I is not the shortcut for import audio...

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are saying happened. You must have destructively edited the actual file. May be too late but I would try opening a backup copy. File>open. Locate Logic and it's file folders. Locate the File name and double click, now open the backup folder file. Might work.

And command I?? Locate file in file browser and drag into arrange area to import audio to logic.

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2011 at 12:53 PM ----------

Better yet, find the original audio file using finder, then drag it into the arrange area.

any luck or give up on this?

Back