How to make my voice send better?

jremi

My voice is UTTER SHIT!

Basically...

I'll post a track that I made here soon, I got a producer editing it and putting the track together,etc..

So how do I make my voice better? ;/

Last edited:
Practice, Practice, Practice. The more you do it the better you know how you sound. Thus letting you know what works and what doesn't work. There also is a lot of stuff on the web with exercises your can do to strengthen your voice.

My bad if my reply was too vague. I'm just trying to understand what you mean by "better". Is there a sound you have in mind? Who would you say has a good rap voice? Maybe we can start there.

My bad if my reply was too vague. I'm just trying to understand what you mean by "better". Is there a sound you have in mind? Who would you say has a good rap voice? Maybe we can start there.

Oh right...

Well, Kendrick Lamar, Tech N9ne,J Cole, Eminem,etc are all ****ing fantastic artists... Kendrick and J Cole are my main inspirations. If you heard my voice, you'd understand more when I say I need my voice to sound better :P

Infact, I'll send you a link...

Last edited:
To be honest with you, I think your voice is great. I wouldn't try to change it. It makes you, you, and helps to distinguish your personality from others. Have you considered trying to work on your rhyme structure. Your content is good imo.

To be honest with you, I think your voice is great. I wouldn't try to change it. It makes you, you, and helps to distinguish your personality from others. Have you considered trying to work on your rhyme structure. Your content is good imo.

Haha, thanks man, It means alot, honestly.. I actually smiled :P

And yeah, I need to work alot on my flow and the way I rhyme :P Most of my lyrics and it's rhymes are... Forced in a way.. :P

No doubt! It sounds like you have a story to tell. What is your definition of flow? Again, I'm just trying to establish a common understanding of how you define flow vs. how I define flow, then we can continue to build from there. Remember, I'm learning too, I need to work on my flow as well. Flow to me is the connection between point A to point B. In other words, the movement between sounds or words. I don't know if that makes sense to you, maybe you can help me verbalize it better but its more or less the relationship between two sounds.

No doubt! It sounds like you have a story to tell. What is your definition of flow? Again, I'm just trying to establish a common understanding of how you define flow vs. how I define flow, then we can continue to build from there. Remember, I'm learning too, I need to work on my flow as well. Flow to me is the connection between point A to point B. In other words, the movement between sounds or words. I don't know if that makes sense to you, maybe you can help me verbalize it better but its more or less the relationship between two sounds.

Yeah, I get where your coming from, that's what it is :P

It's how you say the actual rap, and how you change from one bar to the next...(I think) It's hard for me to explain XD

Ok kool. You mention the phrases "The way I rhyme" and "How you say the actual rap". How and Why in this case are styles of flow in my opinion. Your style of rapping could be your natural gift of expression and to me that's based on what your passionate about. People have told me that I mainly use one style of flow and that it gets predictable and redundant. I'm still trying to find which style or styles suit me best. I guess this has a lot to do with my personality traits. Styles and flows could be a reflection of self. Please feel free to add to what I'm saying.

Ok kool. You mention the phrases "The way I rhyme" and "How you say the actual rap". How and Why in this case are styles of flow in my opinion. Your style of rapping could be your natural gift of expression and to me that's based on what your passionate about. People have told me that I mainly use one style of flow and that it gets predictable and redundant. I'm still trying to find which style or styles suit me best. I guess this has a lot to do with my personality traits. Styles and flows could be a reflection of self. Please feel free to add to what I'm saying.

Using one style of flow won't make you or your music any worse, it just means that your comfortable with one style of flow. What's the point in using a different flow that your not comfortable with? :)

Makes sense. Thanks for your advice and feedback. I'm feel like I'm growing and stretching my comfort zone little by little.

Cover as many songs as you can. Choose singers that sing out of your range and challenge your abilities. Even if you just use cheesy karaoke backing tracks in your bedroom this can be very helpful. Pay attention to problem areas. Do you sound worse when you have to hit notes higher than a certain range? Or Lower? If so work with singers that 'specialize' in that range. Find singers that use a lot of falsetto and other techniques. Practice these ornaments. Sing in many different styles than you are used to (even ones you have no intention of trying to perform). Versatility and technique will go a long way to making vocals in your own genre sound better.

Also if your slightly off pitch work on that rather than trying to fix them with autotune and other tools.

be emotive (use tonality. be confident (mainly to avoid voice shake). relax your throat. pronounce clearly (practise tongue twisters). All of that should make your voice sound good with some practise. Then if you want a certain sound you'll have to learn how to move your vocals from your nasal to your throat and your belly and mix them in a way to get the right sound. To pronounce clearly it helps to open your mouth wider when you speak.

"Nasal voice is a descriptive term given to a speaking voice that has a noticeably nasal quality to it. The nasal quality is caused by an incomplete or weak closure of the velum, which is an anatomical structure located in the back of the mouth that is used to separate the oral cavity from the nasal cavity. A nasal voice may be a sign of a weak velum, or it can be caused by an anatomical variation that precludes the ability to tightly close the velum. It can also be the result of a learned speech variation."

Last edited:
Back