How to integrate interfaces and synths into FL Studio 10.0.0

alxgry

Ok so i have a steinberg mr816csx audio interface, and a yamaha motif rack synth.

Question 1: How can i get the rack synth to play ITS SOUNDS into fl for recording as midi, and

2: How can i hook up the audio interface if i wanted to say...record guitars into fl studio or record vocals? Am i better off sticking with using the interface into cubase and exporting the wav files and just using them in FL and looping them or whatever? My main question though is how can i get my motif rack to play into FL studio. Its just been sitting around for so long

Ok so i have a steinberg mr816csx audio interface, and a yamaha motif rack synth.

Question 1: How can i get the rack synth to play ITS SOUNDS into fl for recording as midi, and

2: How can i hook up the audio interface if i wanted to say...record guitars into fl studio or record vocals? Am i better off sticking with using the interface into cubase and exporting the wav files and just using them in FL and looping them or whatever? My main question though is how can i get my motif rack to play into FL studio. Its just been sitting around for so long

1. The MIDI should be plug and play for the most part. If the MIDI controller doesn't work when you start FL Studio, try going to "MIDI Settings" and "rescanning" MIDI devices. Select which MIDI input you want to use and click "enable".

2. To record in FL Studio an audio track, click the "record" on the transport, then choose the top option, "record audio in Edison". If your interface is synced properly, it should automatically recognize it, otherwise select the audio input you want to use and then push "play" on the transport. Should be ready to go.

1. The MIDI should be plug and play for the most part. If the MIDI controller doesn't work when you start FL Studio, try going to "MIDI Settings" and "rescanning" MIDI devices. Select which MIDI input you want to use and click "enable".

2. To record in FL Studio an audio track, click the "record" on the transport, then choose the top option, "record audio in Edison". If your interface is synced properly, it should automatically recognize it, otherwise select the audio input you want to use and then push "play" on the transport. Should be ready to go.

Thanks for the response! I recently looked up videos on doing this but my fl doesnt want to accept it for some reason. i just have to use another computer with cubase for it. it sucks but maybe one day i can get it going

Back