How to find someone to mix for me

Casey Alien

Okay so at this point (I'd say three years) I've been at this and I'm getting no better with the mixing. I love making beats and at this point I feel I make a decent enough beat to get noticed. The problem is the final product after the limit it's always too loud even at zero db somehow it sounds twice as loud. For instance I followed long with a YouTube video, used same kick sample did the exact limiting and Eq that the guy did and when rendered it was far too loud. (If someone can explain how that can even happen?) does it matter what kind of sound card you have? Like will that change a rendered sound? Anywho I've completely grown tired of trying at this point so any suggestions on who I could talk too for mixing?

Ask around local artists who aren't big-time...there's probably a lot of studio guys/girls looking for experience to up their game, and if they've got a bedroom studio/gear or if you've got a good space to record in you could find something really good for that price. Contacting lead engineers at studios is going to be pricey, think students or people wanting to learn, unless you need someone really really experienced. If they've got talent and at least a couple projects under their belt it might be worth it.

Back