How to connect mpc 2000 and motif 6?

G

gnr2206

I have an amplifier, akai mpc 2000 and motif 6

Do i need a mixer to connect it together?

I have 2 midi cables+ 2 audio cables

And could any one recommend a decent mixer im on a budget. An audio interface also

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like the leixcon omega for a budget thats like $200 for 6 audio ins plus midi in. anyway midi in to midi out on the motif to the mpc on the mpc set the track from drum to midi which will allow u the mpc to recieve midi notes

You need a mixer yes.
2 midi cables hooked up handshake mode,and 2 audio cables hooked from mpc to mixer and from Motif to mixer.

If you want to save money in a mixer just use a dj mixer .
Since its only 2 devices it will work just fine.

Why not take Xabition's advise and get ur stuff hooked up today without havin to buy any equipment right away? Either way, your gonna have to run audio in and out of one of those machines anyway incase you want to same from one to the other. Either way works, but the correct answer is NO, you don't NEED a mixer to make it all work. Would a mixer be nice? Maybe, but it's basically more stuff that you don't know how to hook up. So why not start with what you already have on hand?
LevLove

Why not take Xabition's advise and get ur stuff hooked up today without havin to buy any equipment right away? Either way, your gonna have to run audio in and out of one of those machines anyway incase you want to same from one to the other. Either way works, but the correct answer is NO, you don't NEED a mixer to make it all work. Would a mixer be nice? Maybe, but it's basically more stuff that you don't know how to hook up. So why not start with what you already have on hand?
LevLove

i was unaware that you could do i with out one

ill try that , thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

i tryed this without the mixer and i couldnt do it

i ran into difficulty with how to match up the audio leads. what leads go where???
does the audio lead connect to the audio output of the motif and into the stereo output of the mpc?

where do i connect to the amp [single imput guitar amp]

Back