How to add more body to a vocal/song sample?

massivewolf

How do I add more body/life to the main sample? It sounds fairly clear, I've been editing it in mono and now it's in stereo mode, but sounds very thin. I've been using multiband compressor and parametric eqing. I know each sample will require its own special adjustments, but just wondering if anyone has any advice. Right now the sample is just one track. Should I be duplicating the track and eqing them separately, or will this just add more distortion to the song?

Thanks

EDIT: It's an older sample by the way.

Last edited:
'and now it's in stereo mode,...'

How is this meant?
Normally I would boost one or two dB around 300-500 Hz to achieve the goal.

Don't listen to the newb.. You need a to use a specific compressor such as a CLA 76 and do parallel compression as well. EQ a 2nd duplicated vocal track HP it. Add some warmth and adjust settings and turn volume down to about 25% and mix in.. You probably won't even know what i'm talking about but just save this and come back to it in 5 years.

Don't listen to the newb.. You need a to use a specific compressor such as a CLA 76 and do parallel compression as well. EQ a 2nd duplicated vocal track HP it. Add some warmth and adjust settings and turn volume down to about 25% and mix in.. You probably won't even know what i'm talking about but just save this and come back to it in 5 years.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for the tip.

Back