How should I set up my home studio?

StupidDogEater

Hi,
I'm just starting in recording piano music, and I'm looking for the cheapest, highest quality way to produce good music. I already have a Blue Snowball mic and a decent laptop. What programs and gadgets should I use to record music?

This depends entirely on What you plan on producing and how you plan on going about producing that type of music if it is not with vsts and you intend on only using the recorder.
If so then all you'd need would be a sampler like wavepad/edison/wavosaur/windows default one or audacity.

If ya get an itch for electronica you'll require a daw with Vst, Ens, or Re support.

i highly recommend using midi to record. You can record audio with your microphone, but your recording has to be perfect (in time, and notation). If you're recording through midi, the notes will appear on your screen in your program (FL Studio, Ableton, etc). You can clean up the recording by moving wrong notes and deleting bad notes. It's really cool!

Being professional on the piano is the goal, of course, but going through a hundred "takes" or attempts to record a song isn't the best way with today's technology.

Vocals will require the mic though. And if you want to record audio, you should use an audio interface. Instruments can plug directly into your computer through an audio interface (so you don't have too record an amp or mic an instrument).

hmm, I think that's it for the production aspect...check out my tunes, and if ya have any questions let me know.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Back