how does needlz does it??

In reason use the NN19.

In FL use a sample cell and play keys on the sample you cut and load.

There was a time when most hip hop was created this way, pretty fundamental stuff.

cut and load? Returning a sample??? yo forreal how im a bit lost.....
this must be before my time.... if you can can you explain a bit more? im bout to google it

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

whats the trick called?

the secret to make this technique work is you can't have sounds that hold out for a really long time and you can't stretch completely across the keyboard.

Its called multi-sampling, where you sample one note of an instrument, and loop it so it continuosly plays creating an effect that its actually a whole note, when in fact it could just be a 16th note repeating seamlessly.

Then you copy it up and down the keyboard and pitch each one up/down to fit the key it is supposed to be on the keyboard.

Some of those sample needlz has sound like he didn't loop them, and they are all just one-shots pitch up/down the keys, which imo, sounds bad because then every note you play is the same length, resulting in a very choppy sound.

Learn how to loop you multi-samples and you'll get a better sound he has.

Its called multi-sampling, where you sample one note of an instrument, and loop it so it continuosly plays creating an effect that its actually a whole note, when in fact it could just be a 16th note repeating seamlessly.

Then you copy it up and down the keyboard and pitch each one up/down to fit the key it is supposed to be on the keyboard.

Some of those sample needlz has sound like he didn't loop them, and they are all just one-shots pitch up/down the keys, which imo, sounds bad because then every note you play is the same length, resulting in a very choppy sound.

Learn how to loop you multi-samples and you'll get a better sound he has.

but how do you keep it the same length tho? cause i tried it and one sample goes faster then the other (slower)

but how do you keep it the same length tho? cause i tried it and one sample goes faster then the other (slower)

It shouldn't matter what length they are, because if it plays a loop every time you press a key, a loop is infinite, and will keep going forever until you release the key.

They are technically going faster/slower because when you change the pitch you change the speed, but if its just a one-note sample, it shouldn't matter how fast/slow it is, one note will sound the same no matter how fast its playing.

Now, if you trying to multi-sample a phrase of music wth more than one note per key, then the speed will affect how it sounds, but I wouldn't recommend multi-sampling phrases. Its meant more for single notes to be made into patches for playing new phrases from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back