how do you think this was sampled?

BenjyBeats

I have my own opinions, but i was wondering how others think this beat was sampled, what FX and how the sample was flipped and looped. It is not mine, but a producer i am a big fan of. Here is the youtube video

opinions?

The main sample part is just chopped and triggered with note repeat, the rest are just vocal chops with delay. Bassline & some drums. Sounds pretty tight tho

I love Courtland Urbano's production, check out the stuff he's been producing for Beautiful Eulogy too

yeah i've heard some of it on his soundcloud.. dope stuff definitely. his humble beast sale vol. 1 on his soundcloud is the best i've heard by him so far. inspiring

Yeah, Scale's got it.
It's not difficult, just effective.
He's taken 2 short snippets and then set the samples to loop.

Also he's got a compressor over it sidechained to the kick,
that's how he's getting that ducking, coming in and out feel each time the kick hits
(the kick's just muted at the start, but it's still triggering the compressor)

i could hear the snippets on note repeat, i think the part that was throwing me off was the delayed vocal snippets.. but once Major Scale said it was just delay i truly felt dumb for not hearing that myself. regardless its a dope track, good enough to not have vocals IMO. that sidechain compression and the bassline to me is what makes the beat so nice

Back