How do you synthesize a clap in kong?other vsts can be used as an example.

KonKossKang

Ozagas
browsed through so many kits during my years of this hobby but there is one drum sound i can not synthesize...a clap.

So i decided to listen to it more closely, seems to be two snares. when i layer two snares it gets closer to a clap but there is something missing.
then i tried distorting just one snare.slightly closer than merging two default snares together.a clap is when two hands impact against each other so how do you replicate that impact if reversing a snare isn't the same as two hands coming towards each other?

There are tons of claps available but I have a few experiments I'd like to try, but first I have to figure this out :/

A little noise over the top can help. No single solid answer, depends on how you want the clap to sound. Could involde stereo spread, samples, creating the sound from scratch(similar to a hihat, but with more "noise"), no one solid answer.

I'll try using the hihat module along with the noise rectangle and the green delay echo since the knobs seems to make the sound echo extremely fast, will see if that can be used to make one

Last edited:
Back