How do YOU expose your music?

MisterWho

Hi all!

I just wondering. What is your #1 exposure source?

Simply posting a new track on my social media doesn't take me nowhere!
Sending to labels results always with no reply, bla bla you know the rest...

Im wondering what you guys try to get the most exposure out of your music?

Soundcloud. And then I post it here, on dnbforum and gearslutz. And then I post it on facebook and twitter as well.

Hi all!

I just wondering. What is your #1 exposure source?

Simply posting a new track on my social media doesn't take me nowhere!
Sending to labels results always with no reply, bla bla you know the rest...

Im wondering what you guys try to get the most exposure out of your music?

If it were that simple, more producers be famous by now. Social Media, SEO and good old fashioned business cards go a log way towards gaining exposure. Limiting yourself to one place to conduct business from is career suicide. Develop a network of trusted promoters and publicists, work with them to build awareness while making new connections with people and be patient. People respond at their own convenience and on their own time.

The most valuable connections we make are with our music supports and listeners, not record labels or facebook. These are simply a means of reaching people.

Last edited:
Soundcloud and YouTube for online exposure, then I get the word out locally by working with artists around my area and hitting up local studios. It's really hard to get music heard online now a days, for the most part people aren't trying to hear it until you make a name for yourself, appreciate the people that do check it out and try and respond back to comments and their feedback.

I think soundcloud still the best online music place to post your music….Facebook is good but I find it more limited than SC. I find it hard to build a fan base on SC, it takes time…you almost have to invest a few hours a day to be able to build a decent fan base !!! I spend at least 1-2 hours per day on it to promote!!!

I use SoundCloud, Twitter, and Image Line's message board. Hasn't worked too great. But there's endless ways to promote yourself, I just haven't had the time to do it too seriously. Lots of good tips in this thread.

Back