How do you chop up samples on an ensoniq EPS on different keys????

S

ski_mask

How do you chop up the SAME sample on different keys on the EPS?????? Is it layers or something like that?????? DOes it take up memory the more i copy to a new key???????Tell me something im going crazy....(Oh yeah......check out my site www.sixdegreez.com)

There is an EPS / asr group on YAhoo.

Plus this question has been answered here if you search.

You have to change the pitch manually across the keys.

Copy it to a new sample location. When the EPS asks what to copy, only copy "PARAMS" (parameters}. This will create a second sample with "pointers" to the original, which won't take up much extra RAM at all.

Then you simply assign the second copy to a different key, and change the sample start and end time. Don't truncate it! (Because you'd be truncating the original sample, which is used by other keys/layers/whatever.)

-Hoax

it does it automatically when u sample it asks for the root key then its spread all over the keyboard ir u could just hit the set keyboard range button
even though he already figured it out

hello fp´s,
i purchased a eps last week. and i have a hard time chopping up in the eps. my procedure is like that:
1. sample something
2. assign a keyrange (say c4)
3. command, wave
4. copy wavesample
5. copy parameters only (to save memory)
6. eps says wavesample copied
7. set keyrange to new sample (say c4#)

know i can set different sample start and endpoints so i chop up a sample. sometimes this works fine for 2-4 wavesamples and then the eps plays only 1 wavesample or no wavesample at all. Anyone an idea if the eps is faulty or is it a memory problem? (what should not be, cause i only have 1 sample in memory, cause i used the copy parameters only option) or i´m doing something wrong?

please help me out.

Thanks Tarkan

Back