How do i?

J

juiceisgonbfamus

get them hard hitttin ass drums like zaytoven got on his mpc?i know i can bout edit them on pro tools or something but how?

can i use a electric drum set an dem maybe edit the drums from there?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QUVuvIdLM

Last edited by a moderator:
its mostly about having good sounds from the start and then making them better. If you already have a hard hitting kit great eq and compressioning the sample properly will get you where you want to be

drums are so important i sometimes spend a week just working on drum kits. finding great samples , editing ( adsr, lfo's ect ) i do all my work in the mv so it takes a little longer and all samples come from vinyl i dont have a deep digital selection like most i dont understand downloading every damn drum you see or having to have all the "produca" kits that dont really sound that great in the end. I read your blog obi and all of it is true i think the one thing you left out might be transient modulation with adsr envelopes but i know the crowd you tend to. Me i think great sample off vinyl, maybe add a layer and a effect ( compression or eq ) resample and work your filters.

Back