How do I hook all this up?

bleuwaterz

Ok I have Logic (with M-Audio midi controller) and I am getting a MPC 2500 to use also. My question is how do I hook it all up? I need to be able to record into the MPC from Logic by triggerring the midi controller. I have over 100 gigs of sounds that is currently in Logic and I wanna be able to record it to the MPC. Do I need to get a mixer and an audio interface (presonus, edirol, etc)? Also, what am I looking for when purchasing a mixer or audio interface? I don't wanna buy something that I don't need.

I'm not very hardware savvy... but I believe that normally people do it vice versa. They usually use Logic as the main system.. and sync the MPC to it.
Hopefully this is a starting point for u... unless someone knows a way to do it how you're trying to do it. Sorry i can't be much more help.

Agreed. I
'm almost positive you have it backwards.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Agreed. I'm almost positive you have it backwards.

I've never owned or even seriously used an MPC, but something tells me that its not going to hold 100 gigs of sounds...

Why wouldn't you hook up the MPC through MIDI to your computer, and use it as a MIDI pad controller to trigger your sounds in Logic? If you did that you would need an interface to run the MIDI connections through.

On top of everything, you said "you're getting an MPC", as in, you don't have it yet and you're going to have to learn the ins and outs of it before being able to sequence everything on there. Much more efficient to just use it to trigger samples within Logic.

Maybe you just like a challenge? If that's the case, I hear teaching yourself Mandarin is pretty challenging...

Last edited:
How are you going to take a finished beat out of an MPC? Does anyone still do that? Do you roll to the stu with 20 Disks?

Anyway, what I will say is this, Krushing is right and the same thing he just taught you he taught me in his own assholish way...you can google or youtube how to do anything and you'll see how to do it better than anyone can explain on here.

You should only come here for the really obscure problems.

Last edited:
Good Day....I can't give you any answers simply because I don't have a clue what all the responses were about. I have a question to ask as well. Maybe it will give us both the answers we are seeking. I have a M-Audio interface for my Mack, I want to record thru garage band. I have a extra mixer hanging around and thought I could hook it into my computer thru the fastrack interface. However the module only has a XLR anjd a separate 1/4 jack....How do I hook the mixer in? Sorry guys live music is easy, this recording is tough. Thanx banjos

Good Day....I can't give you any answers simply because I don't have a clue what all the responses were about. I have a question to ask as well. Maybe it will give us both the answers we are seeking. I have a M-Audio interface for my Mack, I want to record thru garage band. I have a extra mixer hanging around and thought I could hook it into my computer thru the fastrack interface. However the module only has a XLR anjd a separate 1/4 jack....How do I hook the mixer in? Sorry guys live music is easy, this recording is tough. Thanx banjos

The old model fastrack (not the fastrack pro) is ideal for preventing a car with a faulty handbrake from rolling away.

As far as I know the old fastwack does not have any stereo inputs, so you would only be able to connect a single 1/4 cable from your mixer to the fastcrap's 1/4 mono input (you just switch that b!tch over to line input) how you set shit up depends on the mixer.

It sounds like your doing this backwards, your wasting money if your using an MPC 2500 (which costs a small fortune) to just trigger sounds from logic. but if you wanna put it to good use what you should probably do is have sounds on your MPC like a normal person should, make the beat on the MPC (what an mpc was born to do) and then finalize it on logic adding vocals whatever touches you want.

you gotta keep in mind MPC's are pretty independent and can make gold by itself , if u want to just "trigger sounds" you need to get yourself a lame MPD.

Back