How are your music aspirations benefiting from being here?

I don't think any forums period are beneficial to one's aspirations (mines included). In fact forums are the WORST places to be at if you ever want to achieve something lol.

They drown you of your time, you may sometimes become addicted to it, too many opinions from people with different perceptions and agendas and if you start to engage in conversation it can only get worst. Same goes with facebook or any form of social media... reading email also falls in that category.

I enjoy coming here to read some posts, engage in conversation every now and then or just lurk but truth is forums are like that group of friends that always likes to party... you are going to have fun when ya go out but deep down you know if you go down that route you will NEVER get shit done.

I owe a lot to FP in terms of learning. A lot of knowledge dropped in the mixing section, some dope samples on the flip this, I've met some of the MC's I work with here, and got in tune with some dope beatmakers I wouldn't have heard of beforehand. Many people here are willing to help and pass on what they know if you are humble in your approach.

This is a great avenue for those starting out and those who've been at it for a while.

you lame if you always bashing something that is optional to begin with... nobody makes you make music... so put the shittt down and go save a broad or something.... life is all about choices lol... i'm assuming everyone here chose to do music in some sort... so you can always choose a new thing to start, but i promise you will hate that after a couple of years if you dont end up where you THINK you DESERVE to be lol

Got some work from this site. Learned a bunch. And I like talking about music - Theory, mixing tips, and licensing aren't exactly a hot topic between me and my girl. Gotta get my fix somewhere.

Got some work from this site. Learned a bunch. And I like talking about music - Theory, mixing tips, and licensing aren't exactly a hot topic between me and my girl. Gotta get my fix somewhere.

this.
worked with some people i met on the site that led to $$ which is always good.

I see FP back in the day as like "my teacher" I learned alot but still hardly ever posted posted. But once I learned all i could I had to let FP go and I come back to periodically **** with my teacher just to see how things are going. We may bullshit from time to time but thats how a teacher and their old students do. I will never down FP because I learned so much and spoke with artists and producers that have the same passion and goals I have.

If it wasn't for FP, I wouldn't have 10k views on youtube.

I might have made a buck or 2 from youtube ALL THANKS TO FP!!!!

you learn something new every once in a while... as time goes by, I find myself giving more critique and suggestions.. than receiving any...

Pretty much this. Not so much the work but the principles I learned here have got me some quality work

Network, pontificate, stay current on music/business trends, talk shyt, post some old school..tis all good.:cool:

Last edited:
Back