hostile music industry = sales?

V

vibedealer

Does drama in the rap game and drama between artists in the music industry translate to increased sales? Maybe these events can get the rap game heavily moving and selling again. If 50 cent, diddy, rick ross, and jeezy all use their recent drama with other artists at the BET awards to their advantage maybe one of them can get an album out that will go atleast platinum. Everytime their is a confrontation or conflict with artists it seems as if the artists involved have better sales.

It's the drawn attention........not the actual beef. You can have attention drawn to you without beef. Drake didn't need beef.....he just needed to make the ugly girls feel attractive and give courage to guys who are scared of pussy.

It wasn't an East West beef that help Pac go platinum.....not even him getting shot.

It wasn't 50 Cent getting shot or his beef with JaRule.

GUnit's album went wood during a beef.

It didn't help Buck or Game to beef with 50.

Nobody listens to Nas first diss on JayZ.........what song is it that they think about?

Oh okay, you know about what I am talking about, good for you. But their are people who have never looked at the music industry in this manner. Maybe this post for someone will be the first time they thought to themselves "oh I never thought about drama in the music industry that way, interesting." People don't always look at this side of the music industry, and that's why i brought attention upon these views. Maybe someone can benefit out of this post somehow.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

It's the drawn attention........not the actual beef. You can have attention drawn to you without beef. Drake didn't need beef.....he just needed to make the ugly girls feel attractive and give courage to guys who are scared of pussy.

It wasn't an East West beef that help Pac go platinum.....not even him getting shot.

It wasn't 50 Cent getting shot or his beef with JaRule.

GUnit's album went wood during a beef.

It didn't help Buck or Game to beef with 50.

Nobody listens to Nas first diss on JayZ.........what song is it that they think about?

Okay I see what you are saying. But do you think that a person's level of interest also has to do with the "subject" of what they are being drawn too?

For example if Lil wayne goes and rides a skateboard and injures his foot he is going to gain some attention in blogs and maybe a news spot right? But if lil wayne get's into an actual fist to fist fight with lets say someone like TYGA there will be ALOT more attention in blogs, hip hop news outlets, mixtape songs will be made, more drama will occur more then likely, and lots of hip hop listeners will get informed of it right?

So out of 2 incidents - Lil wayne injuring his foot and lil wayne getting into a fight with TYGA - which one do you think would gain more attention? a major rappers broken foot, or 2 major rappers getting into a physical altercation?

BTW personally i think drama in the music industry is linked to sales. Drama creates lots of BUZZ and media coverage. Media coverage and buzz leads to free promotion for those artists. Promotion leads to sales. That's just a short breakdown, it can go more in depth but I will save it for later if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude who gives a ****? Honestly.

Why don't you stop the what if questions and get too making music?

Do you give a **** what I do? The answer should be no. So where are you going with this?

Okay I see what you are saying. But do you think that a person's level of interest also has to do with the "subject" of what they are being drawn too?

For example if Lil wayne goes and rides a skateboard and injures his foot he is going to gain some attention in blogs and maybe a news spot right? But if lil wayne get's into an actual fist to fist fight with lets say someone like TYGA there will be ALOT more attention in blogs, hip hop news outlets, mixtape songs will be made, more drama will occur more then likely, and lots of hip hop listeners will get informed of it right?

So out of 2 incidents - Lil wayne injuring his foot and lil wayne getting into a fight with TYGA - which one do you think would gain more attention? a major rappers broken foot, or 2 major rappers getting into a physical altercation?

BTW personally i think drama in the music industry is linked to sales. Drama creates lots of BUZZ and media coverage. Media coverage and buzz leads to free promotion for those artists. Promotion leads to sales. That's just a short breakdown, it can go more in depth but I will save it for later if needed.

It won't help a song to be #1 over the next pop song. It will help a mixtape to get downloaded. lol! It will help with youtube and warstar views. But it won't help hip hop compete with other genres that are getting real support and not "EBT" support.

BUT CHECK THIS OUT. What if instead of beef..........we sampled and remake popular what was once popular before......not in soul music but in hip hop? Remake as in lyrics and all. That puts money back in people's pockets and also brings hip hop back to the front because like how hip hop was......."it gave you something to remember". Ice Cube gave us plenty of artist to remember with his music. I think it's time we go full steam in that direction.

This song grabs my old ass, and grab yall young ass.

Then it makes you want to go listen to.

It won't help a song to be #1 over the next pop song. It will help a mixtape to get downloaded. lol! It will help with youtube and warstar views. But it won't help hip hop compete with other genres that are getting real support and not "EBT" support.

I never said anything about a number 1 single. I never mentioned other genre's of music competing with hip hop.

Does drama in the rap game and drama between artists in the music industry translate to increased sales?

Drama > attention/interest > exposure > sales

Back