Hooking up Guitar to PC

P

Phiend

Can i have a 3.5mm male (to pc, mic slot) to 3.5mm male cable connected to a 6.0mm converter (to guitar).

to use the guitar to pc?

you could do that, but if you want it to sound decent check out buying an audio interface. you can find em fairly cheap and it's worth it

Can you hook the guitar up like this?:
6.0mm cable connected to guitar on one side and on the other, a converter to 3.5mm

get on ebay and cop someones old guitar rig box......they go for the low.

Misinformation, folks. We're talking electric guitar, not a mic. If you already have a hardware amp(even some stomp boxes w/volume, or a mixer to get a loud signal), you can just run the sound dry(FX all the way down/off) to your "line in" on any souncard. it will sound better than running the guitar directly to a cheap interface(anything 16bit without good pres, aka most $100 stuff). Anyone who disagrees that has these things at home, try it.

"Line in" on a factory card will give you just as good results as a cheap interface. "Mic in" will sound horrible, however. Most $100 interfaces are damn near identical to you factory card's "line in" and if you have a 24bit soundblaster, they most likely won't even stack up to it.

Last edited:
guitar to pc

I've seen people who use an amp mic'd in a box. What's the purpose of that, when you can go directley to pc...

I've seen people who use an amp mic'd in a box. What's the purpose of that, when you can go directley to pc...
alot of people mic up their amps sometimes amp sims just dont give you the sound your looking for. I have seen alot of people use both methods at once DI and Miked amp cab. I also say that an miked amp sounds warmer than software not sure how tru this is as i dont have a high end amp to compare to my amp sim. So i guess it comes down to prefrence.

Back