Home Studio

Oh yea but i prefer keyboards hehe, thanks for help everyone, if you want me to give some feedback on your beats, just tell me.

I would recommend sticking with one recording software instead of jumping around to 3. Makes things a bit simpler. Also if your on a budget of 1500 I would recommend checking out M-Audio Midi Controllers. There empty so you would need to buy some virtual instrument plugins but they are great for fast syncing etc. It really all depends on what you are wanting to use your home studio for. I actually went all digital and do not use any external instruments anymore. Everything is synced up with my computers...electric drums, midi keyboards, drum machines, mixers, etc. Digital is the way to go if you have the money to buy all of the proper instrument plugins.

Monitors: KRK rootkit's 5'
Midi keyboard: Novation Impulse 49

And get some absorvation on your wall and under the speakers

Hello, im totally new here on FP and also new to beatmaking, I usually use Reason/Protools/Logic, but there's isnt enough time at the studio so I REALLY REALLY want to get a studio at home, but DONT KNOW what gear i need?

Can you guys recommend me a GOOD MIDI KEYBOARD? and dope speakers?

Definitely not going over 1500$.
look into the axiom series by m-audio. Has all the features you'd want in a midi kb (pitch bend, transpose, automation sliders/faders, drum pads, etc).
every1 always says rokits are good : KRK Rokit RP10-3 Mid-Field Powered Studio Monitor, 3-Way , but i use behringers : Behringer B2031A Active Studio Monitor at zZounds

Hey you can go for the fundamental gears required for setting up a studio in your own home. There are several retailer who deal with inexpensive and quality based gears. Even you can get second hand tools to that may help you set up your studio. I personally have owned so many gears and sound tracks.

If you making studio at your home than you have to first make one room at sound proof. You have to also arrange some best instrument for voice recording and always try to select best studio design.

my room is not treated, is there any thread here on FP i can learn how to treat?

What do I need except for a midi keyboard,speakers/monitors and a computer?

We have multiple different posts on our website for learning how to properly treat your room. Our "Acoustics Primer" goes over most of the basics, you can check it out in our "Education" section of our website (linked in my signature).

Also, you may want to consider an interface instead of using your onboard soundcard. An interface gives you the option to record, but also makes sure there isn't latency between your computer and your speakers. ASIO drivers come with almost every interface which reduces latency. Plus, normally you can get a lot of noise coming through the speakers when they're plugged into your computer, so that is another thing to consider. There are relatively cheap interfaces around, and most will do the job. If you need to record you can look at more exquisite ones but cheap ones will work fine just for listening/writing.

Midi Keyboards - anything m-audio is legit pretty much.
Studio monitors - behringer is a good brand.

The axiom series keyboards from m-audio allow you to control many of the features in your DAW. The bigger models have MPC / Maschine Style pads for drums or assigned chords / samples / etc. Plenty of faders to control your mixer. I've done a lot of the automation for my projects using axioms.

It depends upon area of your room. You will use laptops, and 2.1 speaker or according to your interest. I will suggest you to Yahama.

it all depends on what you are trying to do, an audio interface is good to have... and decent studio speakers, anything like krks or yamaha ect... but for other gear like midi controllers/pads start out small, just get the feel of it, you dont need to jump in to the mega stuff right away, even like a MPK mini or a apc40, getting your room treated and sound proof ect is what you want to start with really... i am still a noob.. just my opinion..

Back