Hip-Hop, R&B and Rap as subcultures

Diana-Fieke

Hi everyone for our school in the Netherlands we`ve got know more about these subcultures. It would be really helpfull if you could answer these
questions for us;)

1. Do you feel like you are a part of these subcultures (Hip-Hop,R&B,Rap)?
  • Yes
  • No
  • A little bit
2. Do you have any family members that belong to one of these subcultures?
  • No
  • Yes, 1
  • Yes, more than 1
3. Have you been bullied in school?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Yes, but i was a bullie myself
  • No, but i did bullie other people
4. Do you see music as a escape?
  • Yes
  • No
5. Which words do you associate the most with Hip-Hop, R&B and Rap?
  • Music
  • Women
  • Drugs
  • Friendship
  • Gang
  • Dangerous
  • Cool
  • Friendly
  • Different, ....
6. Do you think that you`re with this `subculture' because of your past?
  • Yes, because....
  • No
7. What do you think is the reason you joined this `subculture' ?
Thanks a lot for answering these questions:)

Diana, Fieke and Laura

1. a little bit
2. no
3. no
4. YES!
5. friendship, different
6. Yes, because it is the most aggressive type of music, and it helped me kind of get my anger out, or it is also motivational, like to listen to at hard times, etc.
7. i like the music of these subcultures

:D

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No, I see it as an opportunity
5. Music, Cool
6. No
7. It was the music and culture I was exposed to most often growing up and have just kind of latched onto it.

1.Yes

2. Yes, more than 1

3. Yes, but I was a bully myself

4. Yes

5. Music, Love, Relationship, Excitement, Chill, Ride, Relax, Entertainment, Fun, Ladies, Gold diggers, Strippers, Motivation, Business Savy, Social, Competitive, Anger, Party,....

6. Yes. Because I was born black. And the black people that I was around who were older than me didn't listen to country, rock, and metal music. They listened to Jazz, Blues (black people blues) R&B, Soul, Funk, Hip Hop, and Dancehall.

7. I was born into it so I grew into loving what everyone I was around as a baby did and listened to. Who happened to be black.

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. Yes 1+
3. No
4. No , music is just another form of expression , escape of anything doesn't come to mind.
5. All , its' an art that encompasses all aspects of life
6. Growing up in an urban environment , yes , I don't think being black is the virtue required to be in to be in that environment.
7. Hiphop is closely tied with the urban / black community ,the culture wasn't a choice growing up, now it is.

Back