Hip Hop - Currenty The Biggest Influence On Pop-culture.

Just Clauz

Take a few minutes and think about pop-culture today. People don't realize it, but hip hop is the worlds biggest influence on pop culture right now.

Take one of the biggest pop stars Miley Cyrus, her album Bangerz produced by Mike Will, while twerking in here videos all taken from hip hop. Listen to any pop singer, they use the same sounds of the dirty south genre, the same claps and snare, same hi hats, populized by hip hop.

Biggest male singers Justin Bieber and Chris Brown, both rap on their new ish, even throw a freestyle in interviews.

We got white dudes saying the word nigga like they even been in the hood, and using words like swag, yolo, dawg, illy all been in rap for years.
Take a look at a emo, a pop-boy/girl or skater, all sagging their pants wearing snap-backs ALL FROM HIP HOP.

So is hip hop really dead? Or has it expanded so much into pop-culture that we don't realize that its actually everywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
EDM Moreso. But I agree, HipHop is a huge influence on pop.

It has been the trend for at least the last 15 years or more, but thats the thing with pop music it reflects the trends in music and adopts what is currently selling. Back in the 80's it was a lot of keyboard driven music as well as a lot of guitar driven music.

Agree with everything but this;

..... or skater, all sagging their pants wearing snap-backs ALL FROM HIP HOP.

I would actually reverse that statement.
If you look closely, skateboarding sets A LOT of fashion trends.
So much so that companies like nike started making skateboard shoes.
Also look at cargo pants. Skaters were rockin those in the Early early 90's, hip hoppers followed suit shortly after.
Also the first to rock what are now called "skinny jeans".
Its an unpopular opinion, I know, but if you look closely you will see that its the truth.

Agree with everything but this;

I would actually reverse that statement.
If you look closely, skateboarding sets A LOT of fashion trends.
So much so that companies like nike started making skateboard shoes.
Also look at cargo pants. Skaters were rockin those in the Early early 90's, hip hoppers followed suit shortly after.
Also the first to rock what are now called "skinny jeans".
Its an unpopular opinion, I know, but if you look closely you will see that its the truth.

Ok I can see youe point with the skaters wearing cargo's and that, but when hip hop fashion became a trend, skater-style started looking more and more like hiphop clothes.

But its not just about the clothes, the music too. Hip hop had a huge impact on pop music.

Dudes even think that Trap is a genre in EDM, just because they use the "Trap style" drumkits and use it with electro beats. They don't even have a clue that trap music was about drug-dealers in the hood, before it became mainstream.

Back