Hey you guys could you help me!

H

hikidb

I have been spinning Deep House for a little while now and am very comfortable with it (Truth is I change styles with the seasons and not on purpose). A friend of mine and I tag team alot and we have decided to start spinning some hard psychedelic trance because our sets always end up with his small collection of Hard stuff. I know what to look for when it comes to house, but I was wondering if you guys could inform me on some good trance labels. Please no super dramtic dinky stuff. Also I have just designed a computer I am building to be specifically for music production. The only thing left is the Sound Card. I was thinking about the Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1 because of the software bundle it comes with, but I would like your input and price isn't a factor.

Thanks

hey man you might not get to many peole responding to good trance cause not alot of people here like it. i dont mind it but i cant think of any off of my head. but im sure someone here will know. k :)

Honestly. I'm slightly appalled by most trance, but I (speaking from a househead's view) do like some of the stuff Timo Maas does. The Bedrock stuff is pretty cool (maybe that's progressive house?) but then there's not much else I'd even car to look at.

I find the stuff I've been getting into is more relaxed paced electro/dubby/minimal house, something along those lines, it's difficult to describe but it's so funkin' fun:D

prog trance

Hikidb, you said you're not into super in-yer-face trance, well neither am I.

Maybe you'll like more progressive trance / the more melodic end of prog house. In that case I can definitely recommend a few labels:

Bonzai
Niche
Bedrock

Here are a few more (I've only heard one or two trancey tracks on these, so I'm not entirely sure if that's their main thing): VA; React; Choo Choo; Planetarium; Spot On.
I personally favour darker, more rhythm-focussed house these days. But I'm certainly not allergic to a hint of trance - shame it's become a dirty word :)

Back